Wheel Help

Jada Loreman

Hi! I’m new here and this is my last resort for help. Fully aware that I may look stupid on this page but that’s ok.
I recently bought a set of Si wheels (17’s) to go on my lowered 2014 civic (lx) back two fit great. Look flush, no problem. The front two however do not. They were hitting the caliper. I did buy spacers (5/16”) then the studs only had about 3 or 4 stands left which I don’t think is safe. Anyone have any suggestions? I just bought them and I want them on my car so badly. Send help.

I don't know if this will work but you could put longer wheel studs on. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Auto parts store, you could ask discount tire direct -they might know.

Are you running a big brake kit? If they're designed to clear si calipers, i don't see why they would not fit correctly on your lx...

Could you use a smaller spacer and clear the calipers? Those are really the only two things i can think of.

Are you running a big brake kit? If they're designed to clear si calipers, i don't see why they would not fit correctly on your lx...

Could you use a smaller spacer and clear the calipers? Those are really the only two things i can think of.
Stock break kit. My grandfather says if I get a thinner spacer it’s going to rub on the caliper. I’m at a loss. I don’t understand.

I don't see any way this is possible. There is no way a 17" wheel it's hitting the caliper on an LX. Do you have a picture of the issue?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't see any way this is possible. There is no way a 17" wheel it's hitting the caliper on an LX. Do you have a picture of the issue?

I don’t have a picture of the issue I was at work when it happened. My grandfather said when they did have them on they couldn’t even turn the wheel they said. My car isn’t even that low.. only like 2 inches on coils. I wish I was making this up, but I’m not. I don’t understand either though honestly. I though the spacer would help but he says if I get the 1/4” it’ll go back and hit the caliper again. He said the 5/16” put enough space between it but then the stud wasn’t long enough.

Ride height won't affect the wheel clearing the caliper.

Only thing I can think of is the smaller brake disc on the LX is bringing the caliper closer to the centerbore of the wheel causing it to hit.

So unfortunately a spacer with longer studs may be the only option. Installing longer studs is a bit of a process as you would need to press out the hub and nearing to get the new studs in.

They make spacers with studs included but you would need 15-20mm at least, plus they are pricey...

I should’ve been more clearer and that’s my bad. I’m not the one for wheels and tires.. I know everything else about a car but not this I do like the way they look. I’m happy. Thank you guys for all your help

can someone explain to me why the 8th gen si wheels wont clear the lx calipers?

The design must be just slightly different on the rear face of the wheels on the 8th gen. They’re both +45 offset, but it must differ. I know I helped a guy with an 8th gen lx put 8th si wheels on his and it was like paper thin clearance to his caliper.

Back