When should I change my tranny lube in the car?

OteroJohny

I have a 2013 Civic EX-L 1.8L with 47000 miles on it. Please help and thanks in advance. And what is the best tranny fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90,000 miles is the cutoff, but good maintenance is key for a prolonged life of your car so doing it now would be beneficial for you

90,000 miles is the cutoff, but good maintenance is key for a prolonged life of your car so doing it now would be beneficial for you

Well thanks a lot man! I highly appreciate it. So in your opinion. Should I get it done at a shop or just do it myself?

Well it depends on a couple of things..are you mechanically inclined? If so you could do it but bringing it to a shop and getting a written service history will raise the value of your car if you ever decide to trade it in in the future

Yes exactly what I was thinking. And yes I am very mechanically inclined. So it all depends on me. Well thanks for that. Also off subject. How can I find other 9th gen people from my area?

Some people were doing their own mtf every other oil change, while some were doing it at like 30-36k mile intervals. Honda MTF is really the key. Others have had fluid analysis done with a lot of other brands, and nothing has done as well as the honda mtf.

Is your car AT or MT? If it's AT, they suggest a fluid change at 60k. I would highly suggest doing it well before that. A drain and fill will swap out about 3qts of fluid. Do it two or three times to change out a high percentage of the fluid. The more often it's done, the better and longer your transmission will work. If you're at 50k, do two drain/fill and you should be good to about 100k. I do one drain/fill every 20k or so. Just depends how hard you drive. Mine gets beat up so I change it more often.

Honda fluids only.

^ crap I didn't see he had the ex-l. That's auto.

Reactions: Nix
Yes I do have auto. But thanks a lot guys! Ya been a great help.

honda has very good fluid like mentioned. its easy to do yourself pretty much like changing oil. it has a drain plug no filter and fill it up till dipstick says full then run the car so the fluid pumps through the torque converter and recheck the fluid. wifeys car took 3 quarts

Back