Which coilovers would you choose?

I have ksport kontrol pros that I got a great deal from @builtbynotorious, they are not installed yet though I will be doing it in a few weeks when I return home

Last edited:
How much do you want to spend?

Indeed.... what is your budget?

The redshift coilover/ground control kit is real nice. I also like the KW Variants which should be out soon.

I have the d2's on my 2012. After putting 11k miles of hard driving on these coilovers they still feel great. I was able to set the ride height to exactly where I wanted it... then after a few attemps at messing with the dampening found a set up that works for me.
I'd recommend these coilovers to anyone who is trying to stay under $1000.

Reactions: Nix
Right around $1000 you've got a lot of options. People seem pretty happy with the D2 setup. I'd also recommend you check out the K-Sports. They have a lot of nice adjustability. If you're budget is flexible in the $1000 range I think the redshift coils are the best performance option.

Redshift coilovers:

http://www.redshiftmotorsports.com/RedShift2012CivicSuspPackages.htm

Scroll down the page to the coilovers section and check out the Series 3 Koni based setup. It's a little over 1k but with the refundable cores option you're looking at $1200 range. Also totally custom spring rates available.

Swift Linear Race Springs Standard
Standard Spring Rates:
Comfort Street 350F/440R
Street/Track 440F/525R
AutoX/Track 440F/650R

Right around $1000 you've got a lot of options. People seem pretty happy with the D2 setup. I'd also recommend you check out the K-Sports. They have a lot of nice adjustability. If you're budget is flexible in the $1000 range I think the redshift coils are the best performance option.

Redshift coilovers:

http://www.redshiftmotorsports.com/RedShift2012CivicSuspPackages.htm

Scroll down the page to the coilovers section and check out the Series 3 Koni based setup. It's a little over 1k but with the refundable cores option you're looking at $1200 range. Also totally custom spring rates available.

Swift Linear Race Springs Standard
Standard Spring Rates:
Comfort Street 350F/440R
Street/Track 440F/525R
AutoX/Track 440F/650R

To top that off, the Konis are on sale until Sept 2. I plan on ordering from Redshift this month before the sale is over. :)

It's the same car... 2012-2013 are going to have the same results. either way, under $1000 d2's aren't bad.
If your 2013 sedan is going to be your DD, and all your looking for is a means to lower it, adjust the stiffness, then any coilover system is going to work just fine. If your planning on doing track stuff then maybe looking into custom spring rate set ups from redshift like Nix said.

Hey just a quick question, does anyone know the real difference between bc coilovers and redshift? heard these two compete a lot in the coilover scene

Redshift uses koni shocks & a whole list of lowering spring options that you pick.

I've not tried either, but people regard koni as one of the best.

cause as i listted previously i just ordered my work crr kiwami rims and from looking at s2kjay's photos i fell in love with the aggresive stance that his carr has and was hoping to replicate the same look in my car

I have ksports and I love them. But if I could go back, I would probably get D2s. The ONLY reason I say this is because the ksports have adjustable sway bar endlink plates (which will cause the endlinks to move if they get loose or are not super tight) and the D2 I believe is stationary.

Back