Which is the better engine oil

Are you FI? Do you drag drace much? What kind of performance upgrades do you have or have planned? im at 65k miles using Mobil 1 blend from Walmart, full bolt-ons

I use both, don't notice any difference. When I get rp for super cheap I use that. If not I use mobile 1. I don't race or anything tho, maybe RP is better unless your car is a DD then you probably won't notice a difference

Well I'll start off by saying oh and drag race my Civic Si. I Drive very aggressively on the roads. A reminder la just like everyone else does but I want the best of the best for my engine obviously. The reason I also ask is because my Honda dealership locally doesn't do royal purple they only do mobile one. Pep Boys does royal purple obviously but they charge about $15 to $20 more than Honda dealership does. I'm going to need an oil change soon so I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do... I mean I know both oils are fully synthetic by I guess I can try mobile one out and see if I like it. I'm just so used to freaking using royal purple every oil change.

It may be pulling hairs, but mobil1 is a group 3 synthetic oil. Group 4 and 5 oils are actually fully synthetic.

Mobil 1 5w20 9300 miles Honda Civic Si K20A3
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=818480&fpart=1

0w-20 - 02 Honda Civic Si K20A3, 10k miles
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=240214&page=1

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2039741
here is an 05 civic si with a 10k mile interval change on penzoil platinum.

another 10k mile interval
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1710108
penzoil platinum

royal purple seems to essentially dodge the question about using group 3 oils:

Question: Do any Royal Purple automotive engine oils contain Group III base stocks?
Answer:"We make over 60 specific engine oils and use synthetic base stocks in all of them although our exact formulations are considered proprietary." Cited E-mail: David Canitz @ Royal Purple

Vice Pres of Royal Purple Marketing Mark McFann-
"A popular misconception is that synthetic oil is magically created in a beaker," says Mark. "The truth is, all oil comes in a natural state, and all oil starts as crude. The difference between a synthetic and a mineral-based oil is just a matter of how that crude is processed. Synthetic oil is highly refined crude with molecules that have been realigned by man. This makes them significantly different from what they were in the ground. As a result, synthetics have a uniform molecular size and lower traction properties, reducing friction. Crude has lots of impurities, but they are removed during refining when formulating a synthetic oil. However, that's not to say synthetic oils are always better than mineral-based oils. These days, additives are even more important than whether base oils are mineral or synthetic."

Well I'll start off by saying oh and drag race my Civic Si. I Drive very aggressively on the roads. A reminder la just like everyone else does but I want the best of the best for my engine obviously. The reason I also ask is because my Honda dealership locally doesn't do royal purple they only do mobile one. Pep Boys does royal purple obviously but they charge about $15 to $20 more than Honda dealership does. I'm going to need an oil change soon so I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do... I mean I know both oils are fully synthetic by I guess I can try mobile one out and see if I like it. I'm just so used to freaking using royal purple every oil change.
Why not buy the brand oil you want to use, and bring it with you to your dealer, and ask that they use your oil?

Why not buy the brand oil you want to use, and bring it with you to your dealer, and ask that they use your oil?
I mean that is very true. I could do that. I'd rather not use Mobil 1 and I'd rather stick with royal purple oil do you know how many quarts of oil / how many bottles of oil does Civic Si takes or our k24z7 engine requires? I could also pick up an oil filter a pep boys as well...

Both are NOT Full synthetic anymore, 100% full are Amsoil, RedLine, Motul, Torco and maybe a few others. These are a Group 4/5, PAO/Ester base stocks, most others are Group 3 Hydrocracked Dino oils with additive packages to let them SAY they are synthetic when they are only partial.

Oil is always one of the biggest debates amongst enthusiasts. I personally use Pennzoil Platinum in all 3 of my Honda's and have had no notable issues yet. I mean I even took apart my 240k D series engine for a build and it looked so good other than some carbon deposits I'm almost sad I rebuilt it.

Personally I would run whatever you feel comfortable with in the correct weight and then take @squiggy advice and get yourself an oil analysis. That can tell you loads about the health of your engine.

Also remember almost every major oil brand sponsors a race team in some facet of racing, but your talking about a team of builders and engineers who spend hours designing, building, and inspecting 1-10 engines for that team vs. the 10k plus K24Z7 engines that are built on an assembly line annually using the same parts and a coded bearing system to get the engine to an "acceptable" tolerance range.

Back