Woofer Repair and Suggestions...?

wpillera

I am in the process of installing my audio system and I was careless and accidentally poked a hole in my brand new woofer rubber surround. I've heard that rubber cement is the go to. Any brand recommendations?

Also, I didn't realize how hard it would be to install component speakers in this car... It took me 5 hours to do one side in the front. Had to use fish tape to get the tweeter wire from inside the car to the door where the crossover is. What a pain..

Alright, now that I've vented about that I have a question. Since my car is a coupe, and I don't plan on replacing the rear 6.5" speakers with aftermarket speakers, should I just get a 2-channel amp and save some money? I know it probably sounds better to have some rear fill but is it really necessary in a two door?

You'd be okay doing that, but I'd definitely get some sort of sound deadening for the plastic-to-metal 'Back dashboard' around the speaker grilles in the back. Otherwise, rattle city!

You'd be okay doing that, but I'd definitely get some sort of sound deadening for the plastic-to-metal 'Back dashboard' around the speaker grilles in the back. Otherwise, rattle city!

Yeah its pretty much rattle city back there now, even without aftermarket equipment. I've got some felt tape and some cheap walmart brand foam weather insulation I could use for that also.

Back