Z3 head

Nevtec

Lincoln, Nebraska
Vehicle Model
civic
Body Style
FG2
I came up short on my search for this answer, forgive me if this has been covered.
If someone wanted to put a k20z3 head on the k24 what rpm would you expect the stock bottom end to handle? Would someone wanting to rev their k24 higher get any benefit from this? Is there any benefit to doing this, being able to change header worth it?

This is probably uncharted territory but any info helps.
Thanks.

From what I have read, the worry about the bottom end is piston velocity. T

I came up short on my search for this answer, forgive me if this has been covered.
If someone wanted to put a k20z3 head on the k24 what rpm would you expect the stock bottom end to handle? Would someone wanting to rev their k24 higher get any benefit from this? Is there any benefit to doing this, being able to change header worth it?

This is probably uncharted territory but any info helps.
Thanks.
you'd keep it at 8000 and be safe with the stock rods and oil pump.

While you're in the an RSX oil pump makes sense to be installed although IDK if it is compatible on this block. It should be.

With the oil pump you can go passed 8000 maybe to 8200 and still be safe with the stock rods.

The thing is with the stock cams you'll lose steam around 8k and ideal shifts will come on around 7800.

It will be a beast with long tube headers...

With that said I don't think it's worth the trouble. I've done the work 3 times on 8th gens and it is a lot of work.

Easier options for similar or better gains would be a blower, or cam and springs since you don't have to drop or pull the engine and disassemble the head from the block.

Back