ZDX TB FOR STOCK IM

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
Thinking about buying this just curious if it's actually worth it using the stock IM. I have no interest in installing an RBC so this seemed like a decent option if there is anything to actually be gained from buying it.

The gains are only going to be on the high end of the rpm range (6k+). Probably best paired with the RBC with port matching if you are going to install it.

Ya I don't really wanna do the whole RBC swap so this looked like a viable option to pair with my prl cai but if the gains will be minimal to nothing no point in dropping $300 for the parts and another $100 for a re tune I trust most of the info on this forum so I figured someone would give me a straight answer

Someone on another forum put the zdx throttle body on the stock IM with a 3.5inch intake and said he notice a dramatic increase in low end torque and throttle response even before a retune.

I am torn with this at the moment I need a few more opinions before dropping $400 do you have a link to that post ?

Found the link thank you for that I think I will just buy it I guess It can't really hurt

Ya I was reading that I just put the PRL cai on about a month ago and paid for a re tune I should have waited lol now if I do this I gotta buy another one.

Gonna place the order now I probably won't have any real results until the end of the month when I get another re tune.

Okay should be good to go placed the order for the ZDX combo deal and ordered some t-bolt clamps to replace those cheesy ones that came with the PRL gonna order the VIT throttle body plug as well.

I would consult with Vit before ordering. If I recall correctly, he is the one that said gains are in the high rpm range and minimal. I would be careful with observational gains when done in tandem with other parts. Especially without a dyno sheet for proof.

I feel I wanna do the same setup. I want to stay NA and not really interested in doing the RBC swap. I have seen people post in the upper 200's with NA setup sand I would like to do the same. I read a post where someone had the ZDX without the RBC and he had it ported with a PRL spacer and had his stock intake ported as well. He had not posted Dyno numbers yet because he still tuning with @VitViper .

I feel I wanna do the same setup. I want to stay NA and not really interested in doing the RBC swap. I have seen people post in the upper 200's with NA setup sand I would like to do the same. I read a post where someone had the ZDX without the RBC and he had it ported with a PRL spacer and had his stock intake ported as well. He had not posted Dyno numbers yet because he still tuning with @VitViper .
Not sure where you saw upper 200s. So far, full boltons (3.5" intake/dp/rbc/zdx/exhaust) is getting people around 230-240 to the wheels. Anything beyond that would be due to using E85 (bigger injectors are necessary).

I just wanna try different things if I get some decent gains from the ZDX great. I am not expecting to add a TB and be at 300HP, but the way I look at it upgrading the TB can not be a bad thing in anyway shape or form.

Back