Amazon, Mobil 1 & Valvoline Oil Compared

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
**** keeps up with Mobil 1 and for $20. I’m in. I’ll order some right now and let u guys know. I change my oil so frequently in both my rides this is a huge save on money.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
55B3353B-29A4-4C1B-B9A8-7E0C6D05B3CD.jpeg

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
No. I can though. I’m currently running amsoil in the si and that’s what this will be going in.

• Staff

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
No. I can though. I’m currently running amsoil in the si and that’s what this will be going in.

If you are running Amsoil, send it in. @Bruce Bartlow and I did not have a good experience.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
I will then.

I just ordered the kit. I’m gonna run the amsoil for another two weeks cause that shits expensive and I don’t have many miles on the oil.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
so the mtf and the oil results were bad? They were both on the dragon trip weren't they?

Yes, to the MTF. There was more wear than I was comfortable with and Blackstone was suggesting no more than 5,000 miles between changes. Considering they advertise up to 12,000 miles between changes and the price, I was not happy with not even being able to go half of that.

All tests included batches that were and were not part of Dragon trips.

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
I would change the oil at 4,000 miles and use that cheapo Walmart syn st oil for $16 sold everywhere-seems as good as $25 Mobil 1- fight for your money these oil over priced crooks are just selling you a label. LOL @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@. I run mobil one filters $10 at wally world-the napa platinum might be a little better but is $12- I am a cheapo-notice civic owner!

sunofwolf

Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
Napa syn valvaline sold for $19 might be better than all three.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
:thumb: I’m interested to see how it does. I can’t seem to find anyone who’s done lab work on it yet. Others have done the super tech/Walmart (synthetic) - Warner oil with good results. I’d wager it’ll be the same outcome.