Critics....

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
I gotta be 100% honest over the past few months of watching countless videos and my own personal experiences my realization is this people will always have something negative to say about your car regardless if you have 20k into it or you have $20 bucks into it.... Truth be told I am guilty of being a critic i admit it but even if I don't agree with spray painted hub caps and over sized wings what the hell does my opinion matter ? if you think it looks good that's all that counts no matter who says what. So the next time you feel dropping a deuce on someones ride think back to that moment when someone blasted you with negativity because they didn't agree with your PERSONAL choice in modifications.....

hotdogjohnny

USA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
@OP
I couldn't agree more. But if you relate it to this forum, we have to "be careful what you ask for (like an honest opinion) because you just might get it." If you ask "What do you think about this mod or that . . . , " be prepared for honest answers. Besides, like you said, it's your car, if you like it, it doesn't matter what someone you've never met thinks.

If I see in a post that someone's already done the mod and they ask what do you think . . . if I think it's hideous, I just don't say anything. But if the mod's not been done yet and the OP asks what do you think, I might weigh in.

And because other owners may not like my mods, I just do them. I ask for opinions about "how to's" and performance, stuff like that.

And I never post any videos on youtube, etc. because trolls spend their days disliking cars.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
I try to keep it reeled in even if I don't like it unless its a huge safety hazard... like removing your airbags or something so the car is light enough not to rub on your "flush" wheels.