eBay Turbo?

Fg4gangstar

I have a 2012 Honda Civic Si and I really want a turbo. I tired saving up for a genuine one but I have college coming up and money is the issue especially when you're in high school with an hourly job. So I am considering running an eBay turbo at a low psi just for a little extra boost and nice bov sound. what do you guys think?

Flightmaster127

Supporting Member
Vip Member
Delaware
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
There is not such thing as an inexpensive turbo setup for any car, through the use of ebay or not. While the initial cost up front can seem relatively low the money you will have to spend on backend will greatly exceed your initial investment when you have to replace broken or inferior parts.

Flightmaster127

Supporting Member
Vip Member
Delaware
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I have a boosted 6th gen and I can tell you from experience that what was supposed to be a 1k build quickly turned into a 3k plus build that still isn't finished. Quality parts are expensive, and quality engine management and tuning is jus as if not more expensive and one of the most important pieces.

If I were you I would talk to some of the other members on here who have upgraded their 9ths about what parts will net you the best improvements for your money. Personally I would address small handling modifications and brakes before making the car any faster than it already is. It doesn't matter how fast you can go if you cant stop or turn.

There are several threads and links to compatible parts and proven results on the forum.

Michal006

PA
Vehicle Model
Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 6MT
Body Style
Access Cab
I have a 2012 Honda Civic Si and I really want a turbo. I tired saving up for a genuine one but I have college coming up and money is the issue especially when you're in high school with an hourly job. So I am considering running an eBay turbo at a low psi just for a little extra boost and nice bov sound. what do you guys think?

What I think? I think that you're not ready for building a racecar. Enjoy your reliable Honda while in school.

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I have to say that I really don't understand why people buy a car that is not fast enough and then want to spend a whole bunch more money to add a Turbo/supercharger to it. This seems to be a long , expensive process and completely voids the warranty of the engine bay. I guess some people must enjoy the hobby of tinkering and doing something by themselves. Personally, I think it makes more sense to spend that extra money and just buy a faster car with the engine already putting out the HP that you are looking for.

Kevv_Si

Indianapolis
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I have to say that I really don't understand why people buy a car that is not fast enough and then want to spend a whole bunch more money to add a Turbo/supercharger to it. This seems to be a long , expensive process and completely voids the warranty of the engine bay. I guess some people must enjoy the hobby of tinkering and doing something by themselves. Personally, I think it makes more sense to spend that extra money and just buy a faster car with the engine already putting out the HP that you are looking for.
i sit down in my room and stare at a wall thinking about this everyday.......

its too late for me.......save yourselves

Dennis Rockholt

9k Alll Day
Franklin, TN
Vehicle Model
370Z Fairlady aka "Nismo"
Body Style
Coupe
Unless you want to replace you motor, no to the ebay turbo. And when adding a supercharger, it can be worth it. If I ever go turbo again, it will be on an older honda that I dont daily so fun can be had without the pain in the *** of trying to daily it. Hence: my S2k :cucumber:

Kevv_Si

Indianapolis
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
Unless you want to replace you motor, no to the ebay turbo. And when adding a supercharger, it can be worth it. If I ever go turbo again, it will be on an older honda that I dont daily so fun can be had without the pain in the *** of trying to daily it. Hence: my S2k :cucumber:
you got it already?

Dennis Rockholt

9k Alll Day
Franklin, TN
Vehicle Model
Body Style
Coupe
you got it already?

Just waiting for him to make the trip home (he works an hour and a half away, but is coming home since that is where it is kept. Just 30 mins from me) So once he gets the weekend free, and we notarize the bill of sale, we will be good to go. :thumbsup: it is a "done" deal as of now though yes!

Dennis Rockholt

9k Alll Day
Franklin, TN
Vehicle Model
Body Style
Coupe
No worries I was driving my si this morning like bwaahhhhhhhhh :driving:

Kevv_Si

Indianapolis
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
Just waiting for him to make the trip home (he works an hour and a half away, but is coming home since that is where it is kept. Just 30 mins from me) So once he gets the weekend free, and we notarize the bill of sale, we will be good to go. :thumbsup: it is a "done" deal as of now though yes!
lucky