Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
I bought the Ridgeline black lug nuts since they were $50 shipped. Didn’t want to spend the $200 for the Type R specific ones from Honda accessories.
For some reason, I believe Honda used a different thread pitch on the R and the Ridgeline....which is odd, but that’s what I’ve read on the R forums.

Not getting the special socket. I’ll see how these hood up.

Back in the 8thGen days I bought the basic black lugs and they held up well.

Br3TT

The ones for the Civic or for another model like Nomar got?
im pretty sure they are all the same, they just jack up the price on different "models" to try and get people........its just a black ball seat lug nut but honda will try and upcharge for say a s2000 cr vs a ridgeline vs a civic

edit:
also you can score some good deals on ebay for the lugs if you are looking. mine were off a car that was crashed and i got all 20 lugs for $15 or something dumb like that and i got brand new in box black oem wheel locks which from a dealer are like $85 i got them for $30 shipped.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
im pretty sure they are all the same, they just jack up the price on different "models" to try and get people........its just a black ball seat lug nut but honda will try and upcharge for say a s2000 cr vs a ridgeline vs a civic

edit:
also you can score some good deals on ebay for the lugs if you are looking. mine were off a car that was crashed and i got all 20 lugs for $15 or something dumb like that and i got brand new in box black oem wheel locks which from a dealer are like $85 i got them for $30 shipped.

Good thought. Thanks!

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
The Type R accessory lugs are def different than the Ridgeline ones that come standard with their black wheels. From what I read and saw on the forums, the Type R ones are longer and a nicer smooth finish.

Still not worth $150 more to me.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
The Type R accessory lugs are def different than the Ridgeline ones that come standard with their black wheels. From what I read and saw on the forums, the Type R ones are longer and a nicer smooth finish.

Still not worth $150 more to me.

Nope. Not if the cheaper ones fit the same.

JaydiemTRAN

ᴛᴏᴘ ᴇɴᴅ ʀ4ᴄ1ɴ6 ᴍᴏᴛᴏʀᴡᴇʀᴋꜱ™|ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇʜᴏᴜꜱᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴀᴅᴀ™ ɪɴᴄ.
T0R0NT0, CANADA
Vehicle Model
Accord SE
Body Style
Sedan
Wooooweeee congrats on the pick up, looks sweet!!