Time to ditch the skunk2 exhaust...

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
I have gotten 2 tickets for my exhaust in less than 72 hours and one for modified suspension. I guess its okay for a Harley or a mustang to run straight pipes and knock the pictures frames off my wall but a Honda with an exhaust or any type of modification is a rolling target. But on another note thinking about switching up to the full race exhaust how does it sound compared to the skunk2 ?

Bulkybear

Where do you live that the cops can give you tickets for exhaust and especially suspension?

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
I live in Mass. They are getting brutal around here in regards to import cars but if you have a truck that's lifted 9 feet in the air or a mustang with straight pipes they don't bother you at all its kinda crazy.

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
Neither did I until yesterday the exhaust I understand but I have never hear of anyone getting a ticket for suspension.

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
I actually looked it up there is some type of "law" about suspension in Mass but I have been pulled over 100x and my Accord literally sat on the ground and not once has a cop ever said anything about it. Its like I said its okay for a truck to be lifted 9ft in the air though.

Arkade 0090

Buckeye, AZ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I was in the exact same spot! S2 was waaaay too loud! (which i didnt mind.) but yes, you are a rolling target! I got the full race and i love it. Youll be very happy! do it!

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
The trooper who pulled me over yesterday asked me how the hell I can even deal with that sound. And he said he heard me from at least a mile with his windows up and two radios on.

jassmi

Massachusetts
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Welcome to commiechusetts. This state is only second to California in mala prohibita and over all persecution of its citizens.

First I have ever heard of a suspension violation.

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
I have been driving slammed cars for years never had any cop give me an issue until yesterday.

jassmi

Massachusetts
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Found this:

Massachusetts
No person shall alter, modify, or change the height of a motor vehicle with an original manufacturer’s GVWR of up to and including 10,000 lbs., by elevating or lowering the chassis or body by more than 2 inches above or below the manufacturer’s specified height.

If you're not lower than 2 inches I would fight the ticket

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
Ehhhhh I am scraping frame lol but its the first time a cop has ever said anything to me about the height of the car.