What else do you drive?

Cman46290

20180929_125355.jpg New here... but was interested to see what else you guys drive other than your SI?

This is my DD for the most part...

1997 Accord EX. F22B1 manual trans. Bought it from the original owner with about 295k miles on it. It was beat inside and out. I've put a lot of work I to it just to make it a reliable DD. Lowered on Eibach pro kit springs... short ram... and that's about it performance wise. Fixed a lot of leaks... and did a ton of general repairs and maintenance... and it's a great car overall.

20180501_214916.jpg 20180526_101209.jpg

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
Nice '97 Accord! I use to have a '96 Accord LX Sedan (automatic) that I received from my grandparents. I drove it from 2003-2007.

Did you know I've never owned a Civic Si? :eek: I almost bought one back in 2007 (brand new '07 Fiji Blue Si Coupe) but I purchased a 2007 Subaru WRX instead. Traded that in for a 2015 Subaru WRX in July 2014. Then traded that in (it has issues) for a '15 Accord EX-L V6 (current daily) in November 2017. I purchased a 2007 Subaru WRX STi (fun/weekend car) in August 2018.

Honda Accord.jpg

Cman46290

Nice. I love the Subie. Always wanted one... but feared the high cost id repair and maintenance.... and not being very familiar with them... I usually stick to what I know and what I can work on myself.

I love the accord. I had an 03 EX-L V6 Automatic Accord.... J30 engine... I loved it.

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
Nice. I love the Subie. Always wanted one... but feared the high cost id repair and maintenance.... and not being very familiar with them... I usually stick to what I know and what I can work on myself.

I love the accord. I had an 03 EX-L V6 Automatic Accord.... J30 engine... I loved it.

Thanks. Repair/Maintenance Cost on Subaru's aren't bad. As for working on them it takes some time I'm sure but you could pick it up but I understand sticking with something you are use to. I was looking at 4 cylinder Accord's since it's my daily but going from a '15 WRX to a 4-cylinder Accord would have been tough lol

Cman46290

Thanks. Repair/Maintenance Cost on Subaru's aren't bad. As for working on them it takes some time I'm sure but you could pick it up but I understand sticking with something you are use to. I was looking at 4 cylinder Accord's since it's my daily but going from a '15 WRX to a 4-cylinder Accord would have been tough lol

Ha no doubt, would have been a huge difference. Good call on the 6 cyl. They get pretty awesome fuel economy on highway commutes anyways.

And yeah... I would and could learn on a Subie as well.. just have yet to find one unmolested for a good price without half a million miles.

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
Ha no doubt, would have been a huge difference. Good call on the 6 cyl. They get pretty awesome fuel economy on highway commutes anyways.

And yeah... I would and could learn on a Subie as well.. just have yet to find one unmolested for a good price without half a million miles.
Unfortunately I do WAY more city driving than highway but I ain't mad lol it gets a bit better MPG than my '15 WRX.

Highway MPG on both the Accord and '15 WRX is very good.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
View attachment 58502 New here... but was interested to see what else you guys drive other than your SI?

This is my DD for the most part...

1997 Accord EX. F22B1 manual trans. Bought it from the original owner with about 295k miles on it. It was beat inside and out. I've put a lot of work I to it just to make it a reliable DD. Lowered on Eibach pro kit springs... short ram... and that's about it performance wise. Fixed a lot of leaks... and did a ton of general repairs and maintenance... and it's a great car overall.

View attachment 58500 View attachment 58501

This was my first car except a different color. It’s what really sparked my passion for cars and Honda’s in general. The f22 was such a great engine and u can get a complete swap for sub $500 and make a mean little single cam beast. Always been a bucket list item of mine to build another f22 but anyways...

I have a 2011 crv and this 93 civic VX with a little surprise under the hood.
C9F12B53-8BA6-41A7-94EA-09B9DBEEF853.jpeg

Cman46290

Sorry if there are other threads similar. Just was trying to see what other members ALSO drive... on top of there SI currently.

greenhorn

CT
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
tata motors?
Yup, its a 2007 Tata Indica Turbo (the base version is 50bhp, so having 68 qualifies it to be the 'performance' version)
It needs italian levels of maintenance to keep it perfect, but will happily run as a beater for years without any maintainence, but parts and labour are so cheap that you don't really notice ( Just before i came over, I had to hand it over to my parents, so had to do all pending repairs, which meant a turbo overhaul, clutch change, all belts and fluids change, changed the front bumper, changed the headlights and upgraded the headlights, combination switch, replaced the seat covers, Added the driving lights, changed all the rubber door seals) and it still came in under 1K USD including labor (in INR).

If you ever go to india, odds are you will ride in one of these as a taxi.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
68bhp. How do you handle that much power?