2013 Civic rev hang

If you'd blow your engine, it'd be hard to get that covered under warranty. They can see the ecu is not stock. You're not going to void your suspension warranty by having flashpro.

If you'd blow your engine, it'd be hard to get that covered under warranty. They can see the ecu is not stock. You're not going to void your suspension warranty by having flashpro.
Doesn't the flashpro back up the stock tune before flashing the custom one. My predator tuner did that on my charger and I could easily restore the stock tune when needed.

They can see data on the ecu if you'd flash it back to stock. There is a tool honda can use to pull up data like high rpm's, errors etc.

So for me then, hondata is a no go. Is there a performance advantage between a cat back or axle back? Enough to justify the difference in price. I want a nice sound, not rice, just a nice sound.

So for me then, hondata is a no go. Is there a performance advantage between a cat back or axle back? Enough to justify the difference in price. I want a nice sound, not rice, just a nice sound.

If all you're looking for is sound just go for an axle back dude. Injen makes a good one but spend a little $ and you can get a tsudo catback and actually get some gains out of it.

I have a 2013 Si, and comparing it to 2012 videos I've seen, they've reduced it quite a bit. It definitely is still there, but in my opinion, I could get used to it and it wouldn't be worth getting Flashpro and risking problems concerning voiding warranty. It's very minimal, especially if you're pushing hard.

Depending on the exhaust you get, a catback may change the diameter of your pipes, thus changing the back-pressure, sound, and other vehicle characteristics. If you're going for sound only, yes, you can definitely get away with just an Axleback, and the install is [relatively] simple.

The extra money you pay for a catback exhaust could be worth it down the road, if you decide you do want additional performance down the road, you'll already be ahead of the game. IMO going catback gives you a little more control over the performance, and sound characteristics since you're replacing from the cat and can pick your new catback exhaust based on what you're looking for exactly.

One thing i noticed for my 12 at least is that it happens less and less. I also got used to it but I think now it only happens if i transition from heavy foot driving to mild either wise the more you're in tune with the throttle response the less it happens. Basically foot down will yield rev hang appropriate throttle for the available torque seems to work with better results. Also driving with TC off makes you learn how much to go on the throttle aggressive driving especially.

I cannot say for sure if it is my car awareness or the car that changed but i see it very rarely these days. It is also warm outside which may help as well, winter time saw it a lot.

Currently at 7k Kms.

One thing i noticed for my 12 at least is that it happens less and less. I also got used to it but I think now it only happens if i transition from heavy foot driving to mild either wise the more you're in tune with the throttle response the less it happens. Basically foot down will yield rev hang appropriate throttle for the available torque seems to work with better results. Also driving with TC off makes you learn how much to go on the throttle aggressive driving especially.

I cannot say for sure if it is my car awareness or the car that changed but i see it very rarely these days. It is also warm outside which may help as well, winter time saw it a lot.

Currently at 7k Kms.

I think you're getting used to it. I don't even notice it now, although, with the intake/exhaust there's definitely [even] less rev hang it feels like.
There's also an ECU update for the '12 that REDUCES rev hang. There are some posts here on 9th about it.

Last edited:
I think you're getting used to it. I don't even notice it now, although, with the intake/exhaust there's definitely [even] less rev hang it feels like.
There's also an ECU update for the '12 that eliminates rev hang. There are some posts here on 9th about it.

It doesn't eliminate it, but it does noticeably reduce it.

There's also an ECU update for the '12 that REDUCES rev hang. There are some posts here on 9th about it.

I am sure i got used to it as well. I did not update anything yet, did not even change the oil yet on it. I do realize i am more familliar to the throttle response of the car and i think somehow i trigger it less than in the first days. With time and when the next winter comes I'll have more data.

For the dealer ECU updates saw users saying it does not always fix it.

If i would be annoyed that much I would go the flashpro way.

whats up bud? Do you know any honda dealerships around north Jersey that know about the ECU update??? Cause the two that I've gone to have had NO clue of what I was talking about lol

whats up bud? Do you know any honda dealerships around north Jersey that know about the ECU update??? Cause the two that I've gone to have had NO clue of what I was talking about lol
Metro Honda on 440 in Jersey City. I haven't had it done yet but I told my service manager about it and showed him the tsb he knew what I was taking about. They were too busy that day to do it though. Going to squeeze that in when we do our next oil change.

MH is by far the best dealership I've been to, we have a full write up in the dealership reviews section.

Take a look at the build date on your car. If it was made after july/aug of 2012, it should have the latest software. You'll find the sticker in the door jam area.

On the right hand side - see the "02/ '07" - that means it was manufactured in Feb of 2007.

element_door_sticker.jpg

Take a look at the build date on your car. If it was made after july/aug of 2012, it should have the latest software. You'll find the sticker in the door jam area.

On the right hand side - see the "02/ '07" - that means it was manufactured in Feb of 2007.

element_door_sticker.jpg

will do.

Metro Honda on 440 in Jersey City. I haven't had it done yet but I told my service manager about it and showed him the tsb he knew what I was taking about. They were too busy that day to do it though. Going to squeeze that in when we do our next oil change.

MH is by far the best dealership I've been to, we have a full write up in the dealership reviews section.
You work there?. Ive been debating on which dealer to go to. Planet Honda , Route 22 Honda , Academy Honda. I actually forgot about Metro Honda. I cant believe i forgot about that one , cause the racing is in that area. If you do work there , do you have any tw si sedans?. If you dont nvm.

Last edited:
You work there?. Ive been debating on which dealer to go to. Planet Honda , Route 22 Honda , Academy Honda. I actually forgot about Metro Honda. I cant believe i forgot about that one , cause the racing is in that area. If you do work there , do you have any tw si sedans?. If you dont nvm.
I talk about them so much one would think I do. I don't work for them, I'm happy to put you in touch with some people there, this is our third purchase from that dealership and we love them.

Its good to hear that you've had good experiences at that dealer. I was considering going out tomorrow to test drive one and I wanted to go to a good dealer. I'm probably not going to buy until next saturday , but at least now I know where to go. If you have a name of a good salesperson feel free to pass it along.Thanks.

Back