DIY 2012 Civic "JDM" Red Hazard Warning Switch

i just ordered mine for my 2013 si sedan, i think it will look great with the redesigned carbon fiber trim they put on the dash of the 13" i cant wait to see how it looks

Make sure to post pics as I too have a 13 and wanna see how this looks with the cf
i also have the red ambient light kit that i changed the leds on to make it really bright inside the factory one didnt impress me, its just going to make it look extra good i will post pics as soon as it arrived i ordered it from ebay it comes from china and i live in the northeast of the usa so it may take a few days

Nice! I'll have to add this to my list.

Kirk
It makes a big difference in the dash, my family saw it and said "what was there before?" I said the old gray button and none of them even knew there was a button there before

I have 1 Aussie import switch available for $50 if anyone is interested. First one to call me can have it. Fits 2012 Civic only.

9075144835_4b5c2089ae_z.jpg

I have 1 Aussie import switch available for $50 if anyone is interested. First one to call me can have it. Fits 2012 Civic only.

9075144835_4b5c2089ae_z.jpg
whats the difference with the aussie import one? same as the jdm one?

Last edited:
Reactions: 323
it's installing it that's the hard part! Looks so amazing tho! No comparison! :D
AnNNlFv.jpg

Your cockpit looks great. Should be a fun install. Planning to do the red courtesy lights at the time of install. Need to redo my Strut King shift boot while I'm tearing into everything. Maybe hard wire my 9500 xi and run a line for my scan gauge. (Really prefer Torque and a Bluetooth ODBII reader, but I shelved my android and use an iPhone 5 and a Nokia 928 which both have weak ODBII offerings. You have the extra bright courtesy light mod right? I want mine a little more subtle.

Kirk

Your cockpit looks great. Should be a fun install. Planning to do the red courtesy lights at the time of install. Need to redo my Strut King shift boot while I'm tearing into everything. Maybe hard wire my 9500 xi and run a line for my scan gauge. (Really prefer Torque and a Bluetooth ODBII reader, but I shelved my android and use an iPhone 5 and a Nokia 928 which both have weak ODBII offerings. You have the extra bright courtesy light mod right? I want mine a little more subtle.
idk about "ultra bright mod" but i installed like 100LED's in the front alone.. so yeah maybe :) I love it excessively bright so that even the smallest grain of sand can be seen in plain daylight with these lights :D
Not that bad. Just the 2nd part of the dash.. Btw, I didn't take this part of the dash all the way off. Just enough to fit my short necked screwdriver in there.
i remember you saying this and i had tried it.. had to remove it entirely hahahaha!

i remember you saying this and i had tried it.. had to remove it entirely hahahaha!

Well, I'll clarify...... I unclipped everything but I just lifted the right side side. I have a very short screw driver, less than half the length of a regular one....so I was able to slip that in there without taking the dash off.

Last edited:
Back