Honda Civic SI with Nav for 26300 OTD?

NoobyCIVIC

SOCAL-626
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey 9th, So I found a dealer, one of the three dealers in socal that has a rallye red si sedan with navi in stock brand new and they are the only dealer to give me 26300 otd for the car. All other dealers wants close to 28k for it.

So my question is, I was able to get them from 27300 OTD to 26300 OTD and was wondering if that was a good price for a 2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan with Navigation in the 91801 zip code. Originally I wanted 25500 OTD but the internet manager said he doesnt have 1k to give to me so i said okay. I asked 26k and they said they might be able to do it but I have to make sure I am buying it first.

Do you guys think 26,300 OTD for the car is worth it? Even better would be 26k. Going to be throwing a 3-5k down payment and financing through them.

here in the bay area i was able to find one for 23750 otd w/o navi so i feel like you can get it closer to 25000...the price you're getting sounds decent though but not something i'd jump on

Looks like you're in an area with 8.75% tax.
$25,005 is msrp on the car w/nav no options.
that'd be $2188 in tax
===
or $27,192 without doc fees/title etc.

Here is the info from truecar /

tc.png

======

Looks like you should shoot for 24ish prior to taxes.
then 2100 ish in tax
==
26,100ish seems to be around the norm. That'd be without whatever they may charge for titles/doc fees. 26,3xx isn't bad. Shoot for 26 and see if you can make it happen.

I paid about $26k out the door for my '13 Si Sedan with Navi. Orange County dealership.

NOOOO you can get it for $25k flat i got the only Rallye red w/navi in the east coast back in Feb from Paragon and they delivered it by flat bed from Ohio to NY at no extra cost plus i got the mud guards and red ambient interior lights for free, so try and work a deal out with them, oh also go to google and write a bad review about them if they are not helping you and also yelp and that Hondas dealership owner should try and contact you and give you a better offer. Good luck

NOOOO you can get it for $25k flat

He's asking for the price after tax. He's also in an area with 8.75% sales tax. To get it for 25k OTD, he'd have to be buying the car for like 23k.

Last edited:
Hard to negotiate since where I live, there's only 1 rallye red si sedan with navi unless i want to drive up 8-10hours up north for one. They willing to give me good deals on white or black since they are overstocked on those but I don't want a white one cuz I already have a 8thgen thats white. Wanted to always try red haha

Hard to negotiate since where I live, there's only 1 rallye red si sedan with navi unless i want to drive up 8-10hours up north for one. They willing to give me good deals on white or black since they are overstocked on those but I don't want a white one cuz I already have a 8thgen thats white. Wanted to always try red haha

I understand, I as well got the same car, they did not have it here In NY or any where close to NY so the Owner of that Honda dealership did me a favor by calling the only other place that had that car was in Ohio and he had it delivered to New York for me.
What's your sales tax rate? Or better yet, what was the price prior to taxes?
it was roughly $23k in change, the tax rate im not sure

I understand, I as well got the same car, they did not have it here In NY or any where close to NY so the Owner of that Honda dealership did me a favor by calling the only other place that had that car was in Ohio and he had it delivered to New York for me.

it was roughly $23k in change, the tax rate im not sure

No dealer would release the red si to any other dealer and no dealer would order or do a trade for me at another state ):

Originally I wanted 25500 OTD but the internet manager said he doesnt have 1k to give to me so i said okay. I asked 26k and they said they might be able to do it but I have to make sure I am buying it first.
As soon as he said that, I would have said "Thanks anyway" and hung up the phone.

Car buying is a game, and it sounds like you're losing. This is coming from a former new and used car salesman.

No dealer would release the red si to any other dealer and no dealer would order or do a trade for me at another state ):

sorry to hear that bro, i wish i could help you. I honestly took my fight via Yelp and Google on the review part of that dealership and the owner contacted me, to make things right he did it for me, see if that works for you. Worse case scenario you pay a little more but you know your getting a great car! Good Luck

Bummer, here in Ma I almost got away with 21750 for a red navi but they didn't offer enough for my trade so I went without. It was originally a pricing error and the Internet Sales manager decided to honor it. It was a STEAL but I had to let go of navi. Good luck!

So dealer told me that 26,150 is the least they can do and i agreed. Asked them to hold the car for me until Sunday because that is the only time I can come. Even told them I will do a deposit to ensure the car is mine. But they said no so I am hoping it doesn't get sold by Sunday when I come down early in the morning. Fingers crossed

So dealer told me that 26,150 is the least they can do and i agreed. Asked them to hold the car for me until Sunday because that is the only time I can come. Even told them I will do a deposit to ensure the car is mine. But they said no so I am hoping it doesn't get sold by Sunday when I come down early in the morning. Fingers crossed
Don't worry, it won't be sold. That's what my dealer said to me too.

Remember: these Civic Si's are a very niche market.
Someone has to walk into a Honda dealership, looking for a Civic Si WITH 4 doors in RED and must have Navi.
Those are four very unique characteristics that someone must be specifically looking for in order for it to be sold.
Si's are not the volume sellers like the Civic LX or EX where dealers have hundreds in every color and option(s).

My dealer tried to scare me into buying the car sooner than when I was ready, but the car sat for an entire week until I came in and closed the deal.

Good luck man, and post pics as soon as you get it!

I'd be really surprised if the car was sold by Sunday and I wouldn't take car salesmen's words too seriously. My brother was about to buy a Nissan 370z when it first came out a few years ago and the car salesmen brought out the manager and he wouldn't negotiate. The manager said because the car is brand new and it's so hot right now, this car would fly out the lot in a day if he doesn't buy the car right then. Basically the manager was telling him to take it at sticker price or leave. Of course my brother left (who'd buy at sticker price?). After a couple days, the dealer kept calling my brother and was basically begging him to come back in lol. What happened with the car flying out the lot lol.

Yeah hopefully it doesnt sell the internet manager also told me that theres another guy named frank that might also be interested also so we shall see hopefully i get it sunday. Calling off work Sunday from my commission only pay job so i loose a day of sales for the car but that will be worth it :)

Back