H1 Mini Bixenon HID BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm interested in getting these. I need to find someone to install them for me though.

I still have some on hand, yes. You just need to have 100+ posts here to qualify for the deal. It's just a way to benefit the people who are true users here, instead of people just hopping on here for the sale price.

Haha I've trying really hard to reach that 100+ post. Glad to see that I am almost there :)

Hi Webby, one quick question. For this one, is it just the projector itself? No shroud or anything ?

I think I'm interested in getting these. I need to find someone to install them for me though.

You should give it a try, it looks like it's one of the easier retro-fits that I've seen. I'm gonna do mine myself and it will be my first time.

Hi Webby, one quick question. For this one, is it just the projector itself? No shroud or anything ?

I think they come with the shroud. I'm sure Webby will confirm it here shortly haha

It comes with the chrome shroud shown below -

proj2-500x500.jpg

It comes with the chrome shroud shown below -

proj2-500x500.jpg
I guess I could just paint the shroud blue. Hmmmmmmm.
I think I might be ordering these sooner rather than later.

Is there a recommended HID Kit to go with these or do they all work? I was thinking about getting the Volt kit.

You can paint the shroud, yes. You'll just need to use some form of high temp paint to avoid issues. Any "h1" hid bulbs will work. Just pick the color you want. 4300k is the stock bulb color you'd find in an acura/bmw/lexus/mercedes etc. Higher values will make it more blue in color. Keep going up, and it'll shift towards purple and so on. A wire harness is highly suggested, and you can get a 9006 hid wire harness for like 10-15 dollars on amazon/ebay etc.

Overall light output also starts decreasing once you go past the 5-6k range.

jt7zrLF.gif

Still crazy in the cabeza Webster? Once I sell the Accord retros I would love to jump on a set.

You can paint the shroud, yes. You'll just need to use some form of high temp paint to avoid issues. Any "h1" hid bulbs will work. Just pick the color you want. 4300k is the stock bulb color you'd find in an acura/bmw/lexus/mercedes etc. Higher values will make it more blue in color. Keep going up, and it'll shift towards purple and so on. A wire harness is highly suggested, and you can get a 9006 hid wire harness for like 10-15 dollars on amazon/ebay etc.

Overall light output also starts decreasing once you go past the 5-6k range.

jt7zrLF.gif

Yeah I personally think pure white 4300k or 5000k would be the best. :) I had 6000k HID before, it looks great but after awhile you sort of appreciate light output more than look lol. So I switched to 5000k HID now.

Projector next!!

I thought HIDs kicked out intense light. I would like to get 6000. Are you saying that they won't be bright enough to light up the road?

I thought HIDs kicked out intense light. I would like to get 6000. Are you saying that they won't be bright enough to light up the road?
6k is plenty bright. Almost all my test bulbs were 6k when I compared the projectors. Going past 6k you'll lose distance/output. There are two sticky threads in the lighting forum showing the projector comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back