2012 Honda Civic Coupe Gets 500HP For Sema Show

I talked to Doug two days ago. They can't tune this car yet, so it's definitely not them. My guess is either full standalone or a piggy back like crapmanage. All it has to do is run... kinda... for it to be a Sema showoff.

And for the record, that cast in mani is a boon to Turbo kit manufacturers, not a curse. This will be the easiest to turbo K series ever made.

Oh, and don't expect FP right out of the gate. While they know this car is going to need to have FP, it's not their top priority right now. They're working on some other platforms first. But it will happen (he verified that the ECU is programmable), and it shouldn't take 3 years this time around. There's really no point in having it right away since there's only a few Si's in existence and almost zero aftermarket parts. There has to at least be -some- market for FP before Hondata will devote serious development for it. We just need more cars to be in people's driveways. ;)

Nice, but what's up with the wheels?

They are doing a build thread on a local site...

Here is a direct quote from them...

18's is what I wanted and tried to get them from a TON of manufactures in the offset I needed. The problem was NO ONE had them in stock and I needed them on the car before it went to paint, and body.

I'm not sure how this helps with people wanting to turbo? For people who want to see decent hp gains, they usually go with a race header. I've seen a few people talking about a downpipe being tested for the new SI. Basically cat delete, and exhaust (which is also illegal for emissions). The users on 8th saw relatively good gains by swapping out the stock header.

I'm not sure how this helps with people wanting to turbo? For people who want to see decent hp gains, they usually go with a race header. I've seen a few people talking about a downpipe being tested for the new SI. Basically cat delete, and exhaust (which is also illegal for emissions). The users on 8th saw relatively good gains by swapping out the stock header.
It helps because the manifold design is trivial. The most complicated part of designing a turbo manifold is making sure that the wastegate port draws exhaust gasses from all cylinders to avoid boost creep (ask Geoff Raicer of Full Race, he'll confirm this).

Since Honda already put all 4 cylinders together into one port, all they have to do is make a simple flange / pipe / wastegate outlet / turbo flange together and bam, you're good to go.

And yes, a cat delete combined with Hondata will make good gains on this engine. Doug told me that he thought there should easily be a good 3-4 degrees of ignition that should be able to be put back in if the cat was gone. Lower EGT's = more ignition. But without tuning, the stock ECU will still pull ignition... thinking that the cat is there and thus gains will probably be minimal until tuning is available.

I've come to learn that Full Race is actually the company in charge of the turbo work on this car.

just to gain more exposure for the 9th coming to sema. There will supposedly be 3 modified 2012's for the show...

Back