Bluetooth Song Title/Artist not showing

Michael Sanford

Vehicle Model
2014 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
As the title pretty much sums up, When I play music via Bluetooth the artist, album, and song title don't show up. It works on my previous phone(Galaxy s4) however does not work on my current Galaxy Note 4. Any advice?

Did you get the Android Lollipop update yet? My S5 used to display the metadata until the Lollipop update now it doesn't anymore. From my tinkering with different Android ROMs in the past this is dependant on the compatibility between the radio and the kernel (specifically the bluetooth driver) on the phone. The old kernel that was with Jellybean worked flawlessly, but the current one with Lollipop doesn't. Keep checking whenever you get a system update for Android, a kernel update could fix this.

d37e359bf04b0e26c5fcbfd87aa203e0.jpg

Sorry, I meant Kit Kat, not Jellybean lol. Mine worked flawlessly with Kit Kat, but I lost my metadata displaying on my I mid when I upgraded to Lollipop. Kernels are device specific, so every different device will be different. Note 4 is going to be different than S5 which will be different than the HTC one m8 etc. Perfect example. When I had my HTC thunderbolt no matter which ROM I was using if I was using any variation of the stock Kernel I would not get metadata, however when I flashed cyanogenmod which uses an AOSP kernel, I would.

Sorry, I meant Kit Kat, not Jellybean lol. Mine worked flawlessly with Kit Kat, but I lost my metadata displaying on my I mid when I upgraded to Lollipop. Kernels are device specific, so every different device will be different. Note 4 is going to be different than S5 which will be different than the HTC one m8 etc. Perfect example. When I had my HTC thunderbolt no matter which ROM I was using if I was using any variation of the stock Kernel I would not get metadata, however when I flashed cyanogenmod which uses an AOSP kernel, I would.
Got it. So I basically have to flash a compatible rom/kernal onto the phone. Thanks for the help!

I wouldn't recommend flashing a Samsung phone anymore. Since they released an update that includes the Knox bootloader you have a 90% chance to trip the eFuse and render your device a paperweight.

My wife's Samsung Note doesnt show the Meta tags either, but my iPhone shows it perfectly. It's due to the Car's bias towards iOS.

My wife's Samsung Note doesnt show the Meta tags either, but my iPhone shows it perfectly. It's due to the Car's bias towards iOS.
It has more to do with the phone rather than the car. A lot of Samsungs newest kernels are using bluetooth drivers that dont output meta data in a way thats compatible with cars. On my S5, the kernel running on Android KitKat put out meta data just fine. The kernel included in Android Lollipop does not. When it comes to Bluetooth the cars software isn't biased. Its actually the software manufacturers for the phones that are messing up this feature.

I'm totally lost. I have a 2014 Civic, EX-L, and I want to listen to an Overdrive book on my phone through my car speakers. Is this achievable? I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. Thank you so much!

I'm totally lost. I have a 2014 Civic, EX-L, and I want to listen to an Overdrive book on my phone through my car speakers. Is this achievable? I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. Thank you so much!
Have you synced your phone to the bluetooth in your car?

I'm having the same issue. It worked fine with my iPhone 5S but when I upgraded to my S7 (Android 6.0.1 kernel 3.18.20) it no longer displays song info

I'm having the same issue. It worked fine with my iPhone 5S but when I upgraded to my S7 (Android 6.0.1 kernel 3.18.20) it no longer displays song info

A lot of Samsungs newest kernels are using bluetooth drivers that dont output meta data in a way thats compatible with cars. Its actually the software manufacturers for the phones that are messing up this feature.

Back