Vit tuned 9th vs reflashed 9th

Kevv_Si

Indianapolis
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
Soo today I ran my friends 2013 Si coupe, his mods are CAI and fullrace catback and reflash....my mods: skunk 2 CAI , p2r tbs, full race 3" catless downpipe, invidia n1 catback, flashpro with vitviper tune. Now the outcome was pretty tragic. We did a 30 roll and my god he just rocketed out in front of me and pulled like a car and a half. Just didn't add up. My guess is that my car is still running sloppy because vit just started tunning it (only on calibration 17). But still I would think my car would still be faster? Any thoughts?

Your spacer won't provide any gains. The S2 probably won't either...may even be robbing you of power. Other than that, you are maybe halfway through the tuning process. Your VTEC settings probably are nowhere near ideal.

Also, from a roll leaves too many variables for differences in how both of you were trying to take off. Tires make a huge difference as well.

I really hope you were doing this on a track of some sort...

Your spacer won't provide any gains. The S2 probably won't either...may even be robbing you of power. Other than that, you are maybe halfway through the tuning process. Your VTEC settings probably are nowhere near ideal.

Also, from a roll leaves too many variables for differences in how both of you were trying to take off. Tires make a huge difference as well.

I really hope you were doing this on a track of some sort...
Yeah it has to be the tune. That's what I was thinking too.

once he's done with tuning both the intake/exhaust cams you'll feel it start to wake up. I'm on my 37th calibration and he's still working on part throttle tip in. Then again, I just added pullies and am about to replace my rv6 dp with a catless full race dp so i'll probably have to retune

once he's done with tuning both the intake/exhaust cams you'll feel it start to wake up. I'm on my 37th calibration and he's still working on part throttle tip in. Then again, I just added pullies and am about to replace my rv6 dp with a catless full race dp so i'll probably have to retune

Why you switching to FR dp? Is it because it has 3" pipe? Your car will get louder especially with catless

Why you switching to FR dp? Is it because it has 3" pipe? Your car will get louder especially with catless

the noise doesn't really bother me. I mean let's face it...i'm already running a catless rv6 + tsudo exhaust so we're already making our ears bleed. what's a few more decibels at this point? the reason for the switch is because i'm trying to get the most out of the car without switching to an rbc. I'm already at 214whp and Vit said that I would gain around 4-5whp with the switch. I believe there was a thread once before that someone just swapping out their rv6 to a skunk2 dp (no tuning), gain 4whp 2 tq. Every little bit adds up at this point.

Back