DIY Honda Civic Cabin Air Filter Replacement

This filter should be checked atleast once a week, mice and other critters love to nest in there (had a family of mice in mine after winter)

Hey guys, I can't find it anywhere or on YouTube, but is there an article and/or video on how to change the Air Filter itself. I have a 2014 Si, and I need a B12 service done. I can take care of the oil change and tire rotation myself, but I'm not too familiar in properly changing the air filter for this car. Please help, and thanks in advance!

Are you asking about the air intake filter in the engine bay or the cabin air filter behind the glove box?

Hey guys, I can't find it anywhere or on YouTube, but is there an article and/or video on how to change the Air Filter itself. I have a 2014 Si, and I need a B12 service done. I can take care of the oil change and tire rotation myself, but I'm not too familiar in properly changing the air filter for this car. Please help, and thanks in advance!
You can take care of the oil change but you don't know how to change the air filter?
The air filter cover is held on by a couple of clips. Pop the clips, remove the top cover, replace the filter. That's it.

You can take care of the oil change but you don't know how to change the air filter?
The air filter cover is held on by a couple of clips. Pop the clips, remove the top cover, replace the filter. That's it.
Sorry man heh. When I saw the air filter I couldn't see what was behind the air box. I wasn't sure if there were other clips or screws holding it down. But I just tried it, saw that there were only 2 plastic tips that go into slots. Sorry for the dumb question. I've just never done this on my car before heh.

Sorry man heh. When I saw the air filter I couldn't see what was behind the air box. I wasn't sure if there were other clips or screws holding it down. But I just tried it, saw that there were only 2 plastic tips that go into slots. Sorry for the dumb question. I've just never done this on my car before heh.
Not a dumb question. I was just surprised that you could handle the oil change but weren't sure how to replace an air filter. There's a lot more to changing oil and filter.

Back