Sirius XM Radio... Do you actually use it?

Did they give you a free trial when you got your suby?

Yes they did. 6 month free trial then they sent me a zillion papers to join/called me a few times also. Then they gave me a good deal and I've had it ever since. It's nice since I'm in my car a good bit for work.

Well almost a year later... I'm still using the hell out of XM Radio! I keep getting a good deal on a 1 year subscription. Like I said before it's nice since I do quite a bit of driving for work. It's worth the little cost per year.

I used to have it in my Impala and Cobalt but cancelled, it was becoming glorified FM radio (which I refuse to listen to) with the same songs being played 4 or so times a day every day, and I only listened to 4 or 5 channels. I don't miss it one bit. I have Spotify Premium, and that's all I need and use.

I used to have it in my Impala and Cobalt but cancelled, it was becoming glorified FM radio (which I refuse to listen to) with the same songs being played 4 or so times a day every day, and I only listened to 4 or 5 channels. I don't miss it one bit. I have Spotify Premium, and that's all I need and use.

Spotify is nice but not everyone has unlimited data. :-/

Spotify is nice but not everyone has unlimited data. :-/
You don't need to use data if you have premium, you can save your library to your phone and use it offline. I have around 2000 songs in mine, some albums on there I have physical copies of, but the rest is music I don't have. Premium is also only $9.99 a month.

Nice you can use it offline but $10/month is steep. I don't even pay that for my XM.
I'll put it this way, I was paying about $15 or $16 a month for Sirius (that was with deals and everything), I'm now paying $5 less per month to listen to exactly what I want, not what some manager at the station has already scripted out, and giving preferential airtime to bands they want to showcase. Only downside I can find is that my phone uses a bit more battery with Bluetooth on lol

I got a 3 month free subscription from buying the FiST. It's ok....prob won't sign up for it in the future.

I'll put it this way, I was paying about $15 or $16 a month for Sirius (that was with deals and everything), I'm now paying $5 less per month to listen to exactly what I want, not what some manager at the station has already scripted out, and giving preferential airtime to bands they want to showcase. Only downside I can find is that my phone uses a bit more battery with Bluetooth on lol

Dang! Glad you found a way you prefer.

I wait until my subscription is about to expire (put it on my Google Calendar) and I call them up telling them it's about to expire and that I'm not going to be paying full price per month. They give me the "Well Sir. We don't want to lose you as a customer. What can we do to make you stay with us?".

I tell them I need the bill to be lowered and they give me the $99/6 months and I'm like that's not a good deal. They come back and say well we can do $130/12 months.. I'm like these are not good deals and I'll just stream my music on one of the MANY apps that are out there.

Currently I have the 6 month subscription for around $25/month (basically $4.17/month). I keep doing the same thing every 6 months. Sometimes depending on who you talk to you can get a really good 12 month deal (under the $4.17/month price). I've been doing this for the past 3 years (how long I've had my car with XM in it).

I do the same with Comcast (Internet/TV Provider) when my promotional rate is about to expire.

Guys, I'm a total newbie here, and I'm not the owner of a Civic, but both my son and daughter own one. My daughters is a 2014 LX (I think it's a 14 they bought it in 14, new in June) which has Bluetooth capability but no XM/Sirius. She seems to get along just fine with her iTunes app in the car.

My son also has a 2014 LX he just bought, used, really nice car, low miles, perfect for him,but he would really like to get Sirius XM and the radio doesn't have it, and also he doesn't seem to have Bluetooth. I guess the Sirius/XM add on radios need a Aux Port to plug into, but he says he doesn't have one of these either? Can that be right?

What do other people do about listening to music, with these cars?

I was going to get him a subscription for Sirius/XM as a birthday present, but I'm worried he won't be able to use it.

Guys, I'm a total newbie here, and I'm not the owner of a Civic, but both my son and daughter own one. My daughters is a 2014 LX (I think it's a 14 they bought it in 14, new in June) which has Bluetooth capability but no XM/Sirius. She seems to get along just fine with her iTunes app in the car.

My son also has a 2014 LX he just bought, used, really nice car, low miles, perfect for him,but he would really like to get Sirius XM and the radio doesn't have it, and also he doesn't seem to have Bluetooth. I guess the Sirius/XM add on radios need a Aux Port to plug into, but he says he doesn't have one of these either? Can that be right?

What do other people do about listening to music, with these cars?

I was going to get him a subscription for Sirius/XM as a birthday present, but I'm worried he won't be able to use it.
2014 has Bluetooth standard on all models. It has an aux port in the center console (standard as well) on the LX. The xm is only standard in the model with oem navigation. Have him check in the center console for the plug in. Hope that helps some.

I need to call XM to cancel/get a better deal on my wife's subscription in here car.. Let's see what they will offer.

Promotion is up at the end of this week. It will go to $106.94 for 6 months ($17.82/month).

https://www.siriusxm.com/thejoint/weeklyschedule

Seems like a cool channel!! I might have to try XM -- the radio here is all iHeart stations now.
This is always funny to me when I see it done by big ol' corporations. They have the colors upside down on their station logo on the site. :giggle:

Personally I cancelled my XM account for my car because

A: I was having issues with the reception (think I need to replace my antenna)
B: I didn't feel it was worth the price (even though I got a good deal) since I can use Spotify/iHeart..

Back