Photos Official Lowered Sedan Pics Thread.. :)

It looks smoked cause I edited the picture with tadaa a free app for iPhones. I'm off tomorrow so I'll take better unedited pictures so no one thinks there "photoshopped" thought I just thought Id share pictures of my car in this thread, didn't think I have to justify everyone of them.

Lmao

Sent from Flyy Network.

The damping is turn to the stiffest setting and to me it still rides good, feels like I'm planted to the road. This is my first car I had on coilovers an if I had another I would buy d2s again. This is my daily and I drive it 90+ miles a day and Hawaii roads suck.

The damping is turn to the stiffest setting and to me it still rides good, feels like I'm planted to the road. This is my first car I had on coilovers an if I had another I would buy d2s again. This is my daily and I drive it 90+ miles a day and Hawaii roads suck.
You running any rear camber kit at all man? and I read a few pages back, but why are you running the 8thgen rubber spring seats in the rear?

I was wondering the same thing about the 8th gen isolators. I'm gonna call ProCivic tomorrow and find out about it and if the 9th gen coilovers are specifically made for the 9th gen with no Road Magnet drama, then I'll be ordering a set tomorrow.

I've been doing a lot of Internet research about coilovers in that price range and, suffice it to say, there is no reason in my mind to wait for BC, Buddy Club, Megan, or any of the other "usual suspects" to field their products. As far as I can tell, even when the different brands differ slightly, they're still all of the same "quality" and the differences in performance are negligible if existent at all. My buddy put some Megan coilovers on his Evo X and I thought they were perfectly fine for a daily driver, so assuming the D2's perform as well as those, I'll be happy. I'm not good enough of a driver to need $4000 Motons anyway, and I hate the concept of the Koni insert and the fact that adjusting ride height with that kind of setup compresses the damper.

Daily driver and weekend cruiser.
b3f84464.jpg

Just ordered D2 coils from ProCivic. I should get them some time in the week after next. Also just talked to Evasive and my TC105N's should get to me the first or second week of June. I'm pretty excited. I still need to order tires, though. Cars are so damn expensive.

Just ordered D2 coils from ProCivic. I should get them some time in the week after next. Also just talked to Evasive and my TC105N's should get to me the first or second week of June. I'm pretty excited. I still need to order tires, though. Cars are so damn expensive.
Sweet, Did u ask about using the 8th gen upper isolaters? Did they mention anything?

I haven't seen you in a while, (I know this is off topic) But, did you ended up doing the Dyno Runs for the Injen CAI?

nope. Because someone else already did. He pretty much stepped in front of me, asking for stickers and stuff. lol. so whatever have fun. so who cares about my results. and above 5krpm it adds maybe 2hp so that just about explains why it will not help 1/4 mile acceleration. car never sees below 5500 in the 1/4 except 1st gear.

plus i've been running around for the past few weeks. last thing i want to do after getting off a plane, is throwing my stock intake on and going to a dyno.

Sweet, Did u ask about using the 8th gen upper isolaters? Did they mention anything?
They told me that these coilovers are 100% plug and play. I should not have to use parts from any other car, according to ProCivic. The batch that mine will be coming from are newer than the ones sold previously for the 9th gen, but I'm not sure if it makes any difference. I will install them as soon as I possibly can once they arrive and I will post a thread with a short review and answer any specific questions anyone may have. I think it'd be really cool to get ahold of the guy on here with the RR Si coupe and drive each others cars for a comparison between BC Racing and D2. I'll post in his thread and see it that's a possibility.

nope. Because someone else already did. He pretty much stepped in front of me, asking for stickers and stuff. lol. so whatever have fun. so who cares about my results. and above 5krpm it adds maybe 2hp so that just about explains why it will not help 1/4 mile acceleration. car never sees below 5500 in the 1/4 except 1st gear.

plus i've been running around for the past few weeks. last thing i want to do after getting off a plane, is throwing my stock intake on and going to a dyno.
Well that someone was me, and regarding the sticker, I was only representing this site :) I only asked if you did it, cause Webby was waiting for your reply as you had told him that you were going to do it; and was curious whether you had or not.

Well that someone was me, and regarding the sticker, I was only representing this site :) I only asked if you did it, cause Webby was waiting for your reply as you had told him that you were going to do it; and was curious whether you had or not.

yea but u did it. so it showed me that this intake barely adds anything on the top end. that explains it.

They told me that these coilovers are 100% plug and play. I should not have to use parts from any other car, according to ProCivic. The batch that mine will be coming from are newer than the ones sold previously for the 9th gen, but I'm not sure if it makes any difference. I will install them as soon as I possibly can once they arrive and I will post a thread with a short review and answer any specific questions anyone may have. I think it'd be really cool to get ahold of the guy on here with the RR Si coupe and drive each others cars for a comparison between BC Racing and D2. I'll post in his thread and see it that's a possibility.
That's awesome, how low are you gonna go? Papiflyy low?? That would be cool to hear the ride difference between the two brands, can't wait to see pics. I'm rollin the infamous road magnets. coilovers are on my list!

No, I will not be going "PapiFlyy low" haha. I will aim for removing the fender to tire gap as much as possible, but the wheels I ordered are going to make things interesting. I want as close to stock alignment settings as possible with as little fender to tire gap as possible, and absolutely no rubbing what-so-ever. The final product will be a compromise, I'm sure. I figure there will most likely be no fender to tire gap, but slightly more camber than I would like to run. I'll only know when I get all the parts and start tinkering with them.

Back