Photos Rims/Wheels on your 9th Gen Civic: Show me some pics!

Well, he's on a 9" wide wheel with a +22 offset, so with an 8.5" wheel and a +35 offset, the face of the wheel will retract in toward the car by about 3/4", and you'd have a little more clearance on the inside as well. You would be able to run much less camber than the -3 to -4 he's running in the rear, and/or you would have more clearance between the tires and the fenders/quarter panels so you wouldn't have to worry as much about rubbing while you drive on the crappy roads you mentioned. The 235/40 size tire will give you the "meaty" appearance you're looking for, no doubt. Be prepared for a very limited selection of tires in that size, though. Also, those tires will be heavier than the stock tires, and unless you find the right wheels, they'll likely be the same weight if not heavier than the stock wheels. This will be noticeable in the handling characteristics and possibly the fuel economy of your car.

These cars can fit some pretty mean widths and offsets, but only with fender modification. If you don't want to touch the fenders, that 8.5" width with a +35 offset should be fine. I'll be able to speak to this with a little more authority hopefully by next week. The wheels I ordered are only 3mm off the size you're inquiring about, so it will be very similar in how they fit. You'll most definitely see pictures and alignment specs of mine once I get them and install them. I'm going to be running the stock tire size, though.

amazing info bro. thanks a ton, and i will keep an eye for your pictures, for sure.

8.5 +35s, what would you say for a "meaty" look, if 235/40s arent too common? 235/45 or is that too tall? I would for sure go with a lighter rim if the tires are going to be heavy.

from tirerack -
235/45-17
95 results

235/40
15 results

225/45
157 results

3c4df9a9.jpg

Sent from Flyy Network.

Just talked to Evasive. I should have my wheels by next week! I'm pretty excited!

very nice - I want to see some day shots when you get a chance!

very nice - I want to see some day shots when you get a chance!
Will do :) My car got chosen to be displayed at tomorrow's Norm Reeves car show in Cerritos, CA, so I will be taking lots of pictures. Too bad Mikey can't make it :( otherwise he could've taken more pics. Hope you guys won't mind Cell Phone quality pictures :D

I went with 17's as well for the same reason... the Work wheels I picked were quite hard on my budget so I wanted to be able to reuse the stock tires in the meantime since they're essentially brand new. Can't wait til they get here next week!

P.S. I had 19's on my RSX-S in the beginning
you talk about your RSX-S in about every post

Back