Photos Rims/Wheels on your 9th Gen Civic: Show me some pics!

Well im not worried about the sizes, I want to sit flush again, but ive always used a x9 instead of a x8. so my main concern was doing a x8 all around with a higher offset to get it to look like the x9 +27. and I would drop it on the coils with 205/25 or 215/45
my works were on 215/40/17s and i was low and scraped my subframe on my speedbumps in my apt complex...if I do the 205/45 ona x8 wheel, ill have a tad bit of stretch, and i can lower some without messing up the SF...i just want it to still be flush with the specs being 17x8 +20

Well im not worried about the sizes, I want to sit flush again, but ive always used a x9 instead of a x8. so my main concern was doing a x8 all around with a higher offset to get it to look like the x9 +27. and I would drop it on the coils with 205/25 or 215/45
my works were on 215/40/17s and i was low and scraped my subframe on my speedbumps in my apt complex...if I do the 205/45 ona x8 wheel, ill have a tad bit of stretch, and i can lower some without messing up the SF...i just want it to still be flush with the specs being 17x8 +20
To get an 8-inch-wide wheel to appear the same on the outside as a 9-inch-wide wheel with a +27 offset, the 8" wheel would need a +14 offset. It will not look the same, though, because you will lose an inch of width from the inside and it will look weird from any angle that you can see the back side of the wheel. If you don't want to scrape your subframe, you're going to have to raise the suspension higher than what you had on the coupe you posted a picture of. Also, unless you're trying to get the car as low as possible, I would recommend the factory 215/45-17 tire size on anything up to a 9" wheel. I've seen smaller tires stretched onto wider wheels, but I don't see the point. It doesn't stretch the sidewall anymore at a certain point, it just makes the wheel poke out of the tire more. I had 195/45-15's on my 15x8 Equip 03's and it was barely stretched at all, but stretched enough that I had no protection from curb rash at all. It was stretched enough that it looked good, but not so much that it went beyond any fashion or function just for the sake of seeing how small of a tire I could fit onto a wide wheel. I did it purely for fashion, so I wasn't worried about getting close to stock tire size. Had I been worried about that, I would've gone with a 195/50-15. So, for anything up to 9" wide wheels, I don't see any problem running the stock tire size. Running anything smaller, unless you're just trying to slam it as low as possible, would be pointless as well.

Not sure if you've seen this or not, but it's an excellent resource to see how much a tire will stretch onto a wheel. www.tyrestretch.com

this is 8" wide with a 30 offset/stock suspension in pics. Lower than 30 on an 8" and you're going to be poking out. Lowered on this and you'd probably be rubbing without rolling fenders.

g35 wheels.
18x8 30 offset
2012-04-09_125041.jpg

2012-04-09_125029.jpg

2012-04-09_120450.jpg

2012-04-09_120718.jpg

To get an 8-inch-wide wheel to appear the same on the outside as a 9-inch-wide wheel with a +27 offset, the 8" wheel would need a +14 offset. It will not look the same, though, because you will lose an inch of width from the inside and it will look weird from any angle that you can see the back side of the wheel. If you don't want to scrape your subframe, you're going to have to raise the suspension higher than what you had on the coupe you posted a picture of. Also, unless you're trying to get the car as low as possible, I would recommend the factory 215/45-17 tire size on anything up to a 9" wheel. I've seen smaller tires stretched onto wider wheels, but I don't see the point. It doesn't stretch the sidewall anymore at a certain point, it just makes the wheel poke out of the tire more. I had 195/45-15's on my 15x8 Equip 03's and it was barely stretched at all, but stretched enough that I had no protection from curb rash at all. It was stretched enough that it looked good, but not so much that it went beyond any fashion or function just for the sake of seeing how small of a tire I could fit onto a wide wheel. I did it purely for fashion, so I wasn't worried about getting close to stock tire size. Had I been worried about that, I would've gone with a 195/50-15. So, for anything up to 9" wide wheels, I don't see any problem running the stock tire size. Running anything smaller, unless you're just trying to slam it as low as possible, would be pointless as well.

Not sure if you've seen this or not, but it's an excellent resource to see how much a tire will stretch onto a wheel. www.tyrestretch.com
Well that coupe in that picture is my old coupe and i didnt scrape on that setup at all. I was just thinking a x8 +20 with a 205/45 would somewhat match that look and sit decent. I had no issues with the x9 +27 at all, no rubbing or anything, although I had the rears rolled but never touched the fronts what so ever. Im not trying to slam the heck out of it, but only using that pic as a reference cuz I want to be that low on this 9thgen and have it look functional and decent, but wasnt sure if I could achieve that goal by not going so wide.

+20 would put you basically a half an inch wider than what his rims are here... that what you're looking for?

2012-04-09_120718.jpg

hmm...yeah but its going to go in once its lower, and that one dude on here is running a x9.5 +23 on those battles and he didnt roll fenders at all

As more people who are concerned with stance buy these cars, you're going to see more examples of wheel/tire fitment. For now, we're the guinea(sp?) pigs. From what I can tell, if one isn't too worried about -3° of camber, then using the stock tire size (or smaller) it seems pretty incredible the width and offset of wheels which will fit with no modification of the fenders.

I ordered some wheels with an 8.5" width and a +32 offset, but they won't be here until the end of the month/beginning of June at the earliest. But that still won't help you much because BC Racing won't be releasing their coilovers until July, and so far I haven't seen anything else that I'd want to put on my car yet.

With these new cars, you have to either patiently wait for someone else to do what you're looking for, or just experiment yourself and be prepared to have wasted a lot of money just to see if you like something. I just did a bunch of research on 8th generation body style Civics and I'm pretty sure, as far as wheel/tire fitment goes, they're pretty similar. If anything, I think the 9th is more flush-fitment friendly than the 8th was.

Yeah I hear ya on that....I actually talked to D2Racing today on the phone and they arent releasing the coilovers for the 9th until early june (2.5 weeks they said) They have already finished testing everything out and I told them about Procivic already selling them and they told me straight up, dont buy from them because they are not selling the legit ones for our vehicles. Dude told me they had a customer call them and say they bought the 2012 coils from them and recieved them but they didnt fit right then come to find out they sold this person a set of the 8thgen versions. But he told me to wait about 2.5 weeks til they get them in at D2 then they will start selling them. I think thats what I am going to do so I'll just be patient and try to buy a set straight from D2 with my distributers account and see how that goes and experiment from there.

Yeah I hear ya on that....I actually talked to D2Racing today on the phone and they arent releasing the coilovers for the 9th until early june (2.5 weeks they said) They have already finished testing everything out and I told them about Procivic already selling them and they told me straight up, dont buy from them because they are not selling the legit ones for our vehicles. Dude told me they had a customer call them and say they bought the 2012 coils from them and recieved them but they didnt fit right then come to find out they sold this person a set of the 8thgen versions. But he told me to wait about 2.5 weeks til they get them in at D2 then they will start selling them. I think thats what I am going to do so I'll just be patient and try to buy a set straight from D2 with my distributers account and see how that goes and experiment from there.

I'm interested to know who you spoke with at D2 Racing regarding this. We've had a very long-standing and close relationship with D2 Racing, and we would never sell any knock off D2 product or a different D2 product than was the recommended for the application. If anyone is in doubt about this, they can ask for Michael @ D2 Racing and he will confirm exactly this. We actually just spoke with him regarding this. Here are the facts:

The D2 coilovers for the 9thgen Civic have been available to ship from D2's overseas warehouse for awhile now (this is an extra shipping cost that we incur).
D2 has been waiting on the initial "stocking" shipment of the 9thgen coilovers for their warehouse in North America, but the coilovers they are stocking are no different from the ones that have already been sold.
Although the 8thgen Civic coilovers are similar to the 9thgen ones, they are not exactly the same and we do not recommend trying to purchase an 8thgen application to fit on your 9thgen. It is possible to do with the right extra parts, but again we do not recommended it.

I'm interested to know who you spoke with at D2 Racing regarding this. We've had a very long-standing and close relationship with D2 Racing, and we would never sell any knock off D2 product or a different D2 product than was the recommended for the application. If anyone is in doubt about this, they can ask for Michael @ D2 Racing and he will confirm exactly this. We actually just spoke with him regarding this. Here are the facts:

The D2 coilovers for the 9thgen Civic have been available to ship from D2's overseas warehouse for awhile now (this is an extra shipping cost that we incur).
D2 has been waiting on the initial "stocking" shipment of the 9thgen coilovers for their warehouse in North America, but the coilovers they are stocking are no different from the ones that have already been sold.
Although the 8thgen Civic coilovers are similar to the 9thgen ones, they are not exactly the same and we do not recommend trying to purchase an 8thgen application to fit on your 9thgen. It is possible to do with the right extra parts, but again we do not recommended it.

LoL, I expected this kind of reply...Im not trying to talk crap about your company. I'm only going by what D2 Racing told me. I asked the gentleman at D2 If I needed any extra parts for the 2012 civic coilovers and he told they are still in the testing stage and that they would not be available for about 2.5 weeks...so after that being said I mentioned to him that ProCivic were selling them and he told me to not buy them from you all because you didnt have the correct ones for the 2012 and told me to wait it out then told me about someone who had called in about the same issue that purchased them from your company and found out they were for the 06-11 civic. Again, not bashing on you at all but this is what D2 said to me. My suggestion would be talk to them and straighten out why they are telling customers that you are not carrying such merchandise. At this point I really dont know who to believe but what I will do on my behalf is call D2 and ask for Michael and talk to him, because Ive got money ready for a set and if they are the real ones that you have for the 9thgen then I'm going to buy them.

maybe because people have been buying 8th gen d2's up to this point and modifying them to work. There was a thread within the last month where d2 was not pleased when users were asking to buy parts to modify them. The 8th gens don't have a way for the sway to bolt on. The 9th gen needs that, so people were buying parts to make it work.

he's on 9th gen d2's - you could ask him?

Lm20 18x9 +26 with 215/40
83ec366c.jpg

40d72000.jpg
read through this thread where people are modifying the 8th versions - (this was prior to the 9ths being available)
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/8th-gen-d2-install-on-9th-gen.3917/

Those being x9 +22 w/ 235/40's makes me feel like maybe I won't need to run as much negative camber as I thought for my setup. I'm curious to see what it's gonna take to get those to fit. They look really good. That color combo is fantastic.

Those being x9 +22 w/ 235/40's makes me feel like maybe I won't need to run as much negative camber as I thought for my setup. I'm curious to see what it's gonna take to get those to fit. They look really good. That color combo is fantastic.
Thanks bud, hope you like the colour combo. +22 alone pokes out a lot, but you will be required if your gonna dump your car to the floor. But I'm not going to be intended to do that. I don't want to lose the purpose on not to be able to even drive the car and taking corners, especially on an Si. It's going to be pointless if I run a crazy amount of negative camber and having the car sweeping the floor. And I'm running Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs too, no point on buying the set and not have fun with them. Everyone I know are telling me to slam the car too the floor, but in reality you are just defeating the purposes of owning and driving an Si. That's my two cents and in my most honest opinion. x9+22 is great though but 235/40 you'll need to run some camber and roll fenders if you going to tuck those, in which I'm not going to bother do. But we'll see how they'll look, getting my coilovers, camber kits professionally installed and measured perfectly exact how I want them, full alignment done, and getting fenders rolled today from a shop. I'll be more than happy to post pictures later on today.

Thanks bud, hope you like the colour combo. +22 alone pokes out a lot, but you will be required if your gonna dump your car to the floor. But I'm not going to be intended to do that. I don't want to lose the purpose on not to be able to even drive the car and taking corners, especially on an Si. It's going to be pointless if I run a crazy amount of negative camber and having the car sweeping the floor. And I'm running Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs too, no point on buying the set and not have fun with them. Everyone I know are telling me to slam the car too the floor, but in reality you are just defeating the purposes of owning and driving an Si. That's my two cents and in my most honest opinion. x9+22 is great though but 235/40 you'll need to run some camber and roll fenders if you going to tuck those, in which I'm not going to bother do. But we'll see how they'll look, getting my coilovers, camber kits professionally installed and measured perfectly exact how I want them, full alignment done, and getting fenders rolled today from a shop. I'll be more than happy to post pictures later on today.
Totally agree. I love the look of the cambered out (to a certain extent), wide, low offset wheels with stretched tires, but I love the feeling of a car that is easy to drive and goes where I point it. I'm going the "hellafunctional" route, as I guess the internet forums refer to it as. Wheels are 17x8.5 +32 and tires will be a mild stretch at 215/45-17. I'm really hoping to be able to lower the car to the point of having no tire to fender gap while retaining as close to stock alignment specs, as I believe they are a nice compromise between efficiency, tire longevity, and handling performance (Honda seems to know what they're doing in that area). Also, I'd love to see pictures later today. I'm excited to see what it looks like all dialed in.

Paapii, what were your rim/tire specs on the TE's?

car is on point man. Looks amazing.

Since youve got some experience with fitment, Im probably going to end up getting some 17x8.5 +35s, and want to run either a 225/45 or a 235/40, probably with a 1.5" drop. nothing too low, as our roads are literally the worst in Canada. you think there would be any fitment issues? I want to keep a meaty, aggressive look, nothing flush, just ever so slightly tucked.

like this, but maybe a bit higher.

bef7ab75.jpg

0872c879.jpg

Since youve got some experience with fitment, Im probably going to end up getting some 17x8.5 +35s, and want to run either a 225/45 or a 235/40, probably with a 1.5" drop. nothing too low, as our roads are literally the worst in Canada. you think there would be any fitment issues? I want to keep a meaty, aggressive look, nothing flush, just ever so slightly tucked.

Well, he's on a 9" wide wheel with a +22 offset, so with an 8.5" wheel and a +35 offset, the face of the wheel will retract in toward the car by about 3/4", and you'd have a little more clearance on the inside as well. You would be able to run much less camber than the -3 to -4 he's running in the rear, and/or you would have more clearance between the tires and the fenders/quarter panels so you wouldn't have to worry as much about rubbing while you drive on the crappy roads you mentioned. The 235/40 size tire will give you the "meaty" appearance you're looking for, no doubt. Be prepared for a very limited selection of tires in that size, though. Also, those tires will be heavier than the stock tires, and unless you find the right wheels, they'll likely be the same weight if not heavier than the stock wheels. This will be noticeable in the handling characteristics and possibly the fuel economy of your car.

These cars can fit some pretty mean widths and offsets, but only with fender modification. If you don't want to touch the fenders, that 8.5" width with a +35 offset should be fine. I'll be able to speak to this with a little more authority hopefully by next week. The wheels I ordered are only 3mm off the size you're inquiring about, so it will be very similar in how they fit. You'll most definitely see pictures and alignment specs of mine once I get them and install them. I'm going to be running the stock tire size, though.

like this, but maybe a bit higher.

bef7ab75.jpg

0872c879.jpg

17x8 42 235/40

Sent from Flyy Network.

Back