Post up your fish tanks/aquariums!

It was at 78...it's now 82. None of the fish breeds in the tank really like anything at 82 though...so I tried not to go hotter

Going up to 86 or 87 slowly is not gonna harm them. Ick dies off at 86 so the heat is a big factor in the killing part, the salt is more for slime coat. Just raise it 2 degrees every day and get to 87 and leave it. When your done, just back down the same way.

Last edited:
Yeah...the pleco stays up at the top by the filter all day and seems to be a dark yellow. He has some ick. The SAE has maybe...an ick ball or two. The blue acara is covered like crazy. It's weird.

I upped it to 84

The filter creates a ton of surface agitation...i love it
i'll throw the air stone in there too

86. Some started falling off yesterday it looked like so i did a water change. Now the blue acara is freaking out and rolling in the crushed coral again.
If he gets much more i'm afraid it'll kill him

I might have to...we couldn't find quick cure at the store though. I have malachite green :\

Things are looking much better in the tank and I haven't made any more changes. The pleco and SAE seem to be clear...the blue acara seems to have lost most.

In other news, I've had this container full of non-thriving or decaying plants in water with a moss ball. It's now FULL of very tiny baby snails and snail eggs. It also has a bunch of daphnia swimming around in it. I find this really exciting for some reason LOL

The LFS that I like just got in some baby red spotted gold severums..happy!

We had two small tanks set up when I was a kid. Nothing crazy, but I really enjoyed them. I'm thinking about setting up the 20 gallon tank in my apartment now. I'm pretty sure my parents have all of the stuff still. I'm going to have to do a lot of reading up because I really don't know too much as of now.

Back