Official Computer Talk Thread

I've had my OCZ for roughly 2 years (8,000+ hours) without any issues. Roughly 2TB of read/write with no problems. Just found the 840 EVO for a great deal so bought it. Will be buying the 250GB 840EVO and making that my games drive only.
was looking at an 840 evo for a ps4

My Alienware 18 came today, this thing is a monster when compared to my old M11xr3

I went with the cheap configuration, don't know if I'll regret that or not but the new GTX 860m's (in SLI) are supposed to be comparable to the GTX 770m's (in SLI) even though the 860's in the Alienware are Keplar instead of Maxwell.

The GTX 880m's were going to run me another $1000 or so and I just couldn't justify it for the amount of gaming that I do, and the 860's should be good for a couple of years I'm hoping.

IMG_3115.JPG

My Alienware 18 came today, this thing is a monster when compared to my old M11xr3

I went with the cheap configuration, don't know if I'll regret that or not but the new GTX 860m's (in SLI) are supposed to be comparable to the GTX 770m's (in SLI) even though the 860's in the Alienware are Keplar instead of Maxwell.

The GTX 880m's were going to run me another $1000 or so and I just couldn't justify it for the amount of gaming that I do, and the 860's should be good for a couple of years I'm hoping.

View attachment 38777
And I thought my M17 was huge, that thing is a monster

Did some half *** cable management... I installed the metal cable management piece (under the desk - in the middle) and ran all the wires the best I could (I don't have patience) :giggle:

3qXNXqG.jpg

better than my cable management, or complete lack thereof

Well.. I had that metal cable management piece for a while now (months) so I figured I'd actually use it lol

Nope wasn't me.

I work in the IT field and enjoy computer related things (nerd as you call it) lol

Is your case/tower super wide, or is it just looking weird to me?

On the left side....the vertical white slot. What would that be used for when the motherboard is on the opposite side? Near the video card

image.jpg

On the left side....the vertical white slot. What would that be used for when the motherboard is on the opposite side? Near the video card

View attachment 39460

To be honest.. I'm not sure. I saw it there but never figured out what it's used for. I'm going to research it.

Edit: "It even has one vertical expansion slot bay that could be used for a fan controller, or other components that don't need a PCI slot."

37wYxlj.jpg

ahh, something like this. I had one come with a motherboard, but never felt the need to use it. Temps never went that high. Never really thought about those being mounted vertical

ive had motherboards come with usb expansions that would go in that slot too

ahh, something like this. I had one come with a motherboard, but never felt the need to use it. Temps never went that high. Never really thought about those being mounted vertical

i5 3570k (OC'd from 3.4Ghz to 4.2Ghz) - Max Temp: 60C
EVGA GTX 770 SC/ACX - Max Temp: 70C

So... I bought a 512GB SSD on Thursday.. I now have 3 SSD's :giggle:

I have a new work office (not at headquarters anymore) but it feels like a jail cell... (not that I've been to jail)

Here is the work Battlestation. (I should make a thread for "battlestations" like on my Subaru forum)

IMAG0355_BURST0031_zps4ae0d2cb.jpg

Edit: I would have used IMGUR but it's blocked at work... :unamused:

Back