Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

I've never tried that one, but I'm not a fan of Turtle Wax because of their past products. I'm sure they're much improved since I was using them many years ago. I also do regular proper waxing, but like the spray on stuff after I wash too. I really like Maguairs products. This is a good one to try.

View attachment 47026

I saw that one at the store too. I will try it in a couple weeks. Have u ever used Nufinish polish?
e55b6ae61ae28c7ae2f055bf408f26ee.jpg

I know it's been around for a while. I am thinking about using it on my gf's CRV since she doesn't ever wax or even go to a car wash regularly lol.

I saw that one at the store too. I will try it in a couple weeks. Have u ever used Nufinish polish?
e55b6ae61ae28c7ae2f055bf408f26ee.jpg

I know it's been around for a while. I am thinking about using it on my gf's CRV since she doesn't ever wax or even go to a car wash regularly lol.
This is an old review of big box store items, so take it for what it's worth.

=====
Nu Finish was rated #2 out of 12 liquid waxes reviewed in the latest (i.e. November 2011) Consumer Reports.

In the liquid wax category...

1) Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0
2) Nu Finish
3) Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Premium Liquid Wax
4) 3M One Step Cleaner Wax
5) Meguiar's Cleaner Wax
6) Mothers California Gold Carnauba Cleaner Wax
7) Auto Glym Super Resin Polish
8) Mothers FX Engineered SynWax
9) Zymol Cleaner Wax
10) Turtle Wax Carnauba Cleaner Wax
11) Eagle One Gel Wax with Carnauba
12) Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Polish

#'s 1, 3, 4, and 7 were Recommended. #'s 2, 5, and 6 were Best Buys.

When it came to the Durability criteria, only one was considered Very Good... Nu Finish.
=======

It's more of a sealant than anything from what I've read. Don't get it on any black trim or it'll leave white marks. Others say it doesn't do a lot for shine/gloss, but it seals the paint for quite a while.

It's more of a sealant than anything from what I've read. Don't get it on any black trim or it'll leave white marks. Others say it doesn't do a lot for shine/gloss, but it seals the paint for quite a while.

Thanks. That is helpful. I will probably pick some up today. I have read that it isn't the best for visual appeal, but lasts a long time too.

Finished up installing my PRL intake and went for a datalog. IAT dropped from 128 degrees with my AEM short ram to 89-91 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_3506.JPG
    IMG_3506.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
Finally installed my retrofit...

Inspired by AlienPrime's setup, and entirely possible due to his awesome DIY.
Anyway they are 2014+ Toyota Corolla LED projectors by Koito.
Paint is DuPont automotive primer, custom black paint, and 2 coats of matte clearcoat.
Haven't had a chance to test them out yet at night. And waiting on parts to complete
the electrical install.

IMG_6838.jpg IMG_6840.jpg

IMG_6842.jpg IMG_6843.jpg

I wait till I get to the track to remove the spare. Figure better safe than sorry since you never know when you will get a flat, plus it makes an excellent parking space saver.

Back