PIAA 9006 Not Fitting

If I could just piggy back on this thread for my first post...

I am having trouble installing some PIAA xtreme white bulbs into my 2013 Civic. I'm most definitely installing the correct size bulb into the correct low beam socket. The problem seems to be that the bulb has more black plastic on the housing which prevents it from going into the housing enough to turn/lock.

Has anybody experienced this? Should I make my own thread? Wasn't sure since it was pretty similar issue.

I'm guessing you're just not lining it up correctly. They are a pain to get in. My arms were sore for days from just trying to twist enough to get it lined up.

I could be wrong but I'm guessing that's your issue.

That's what I thought at first as well but I don't think so. I can feel the plastic tabs lining up in the holes and the lights go in flat with the housing. The problem is I can't push them in enough to be able to turn and lock them in place.

If these should absolutely fit then I guess I can take off the bumper to get a good look. Would obviously prefer not to though.

make sure you leave the bulb unplugged until you have it properly locked into the housing, i fought with mine a few times (one of the 3 tabs would never lock in leaving the bulb crooked) and noticed with the bulb plugged in, the plug would hit the the head of the screws that hold the lock ring onto the housing, unplugged they slide in like butter, i dunno if anyone else is having that issue, but it happened to me :P

make sure you leave the bulb unplugged until you have it properly locked into the housing, i fought with mine a few times (one of the 3 tabs would never lock in leaving the bulb crooked) and noticed with the bulb plugged in, the plug would hit the the head of the screws that hold the lock ring onto the housing, unplugged they slide in like butter, i dunno if anyone else is having that issue, but it happened to me :P

What a great idea. I never thought of that. It would have made the install so much easier.

What a great idea. I never thought of that. It would have made the install so much easier.

yeah, first try installing a bulb on my drivers side i dropped it down into the intake resonator tube, so i figured plug it in first so i couldnt drop it. ended up with one bulb aimed at the sky and one at the ground due to that one tab not locking lol

Interesting, I'll try this next chance I get. I feel like the problem is still on the bulb housing itself but doesn't hurt to try this.

Thanks! So do you have the 9006 Xtreme White as well?

i had 9006 Intense white, then switched to HIDs, then sold the hids, put the piaas back in, and one burnt out a week later, musta touched them one too many times, great lights tho, id buy more but im planning on retrofitting in the spring

Found them on Ebay for cheap. Already changed them out to super bright white ones. Moving towards a cleaner look and not so 19 year old kid look. No offense to any 19 year olds. Haha

i had 9006 Intense white, then switched to HIDs, then sold the hids, put the piaas back in, and one burnt out a week later, musta touched them one too many times, great lights tho, id buy more but im planning on retrofitting in the spring
What made you ditch the hids and go back to halogens?

the scattered beam pattern, seemed like the light was everywhere but where i needed it to be,, not sure if it was due to cheap ebay HIDs or lack of projectors, im leaning towards the latter

Just wondering if you have any pictures of the actual lighting output? Also wold like to know about how wel they light up the road. I'm I retested in giving PIAA a try.

Back