Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

why is youtube full of civic builds except for 9th gens. all the 9th gen videos are those stupid 5 things i hate about my civic. why does no one have a multi part 9th gen build on there. i just want to watch one.

Drove up to our local Dragon here, Mesquito Ridge. Hundreds of curves; a 25-mile stretch into the Tahoe National Forest before being closed to snow this time of year. No posted limit. Never any LEO, saw 2 other cars and 3 bikes all day. In other words, bliss.

HOWEVER. The super grippy surface is made from 3/4" asphalt. Brutal on tires. Question. Are my Bridgestone's coming unglued here? Notice the separation on the outside of the shoulder blocks, especially in the lower part of the image.

That is brutal!! I would call Bridgestone/Firestone see if they can do a warranty exchange for them. I loved my S-04 but I did not put that my stress on them.

i'll check that one out.

so im tryin got remove the stock downpipe from my car, im having a hard time getting the thing out. am i supposed to remove the heat shield, i hope not because the bolts are very rusty.

It will take lots of wiggling and repositioning to get out.

i'll check that one out.

so im tryin got remove the stock downpipe from my car, im having a hard time getting the thing out. am i supposed to remove the heat shield, i hope not because the bolts are very rusty.

I've heard other Si folks mention this being a real pain because of how little clearance there is. I theorize that removing the heatshield will help a bit by making the shape slightly less awkward, but it's still going to require some real negotiating to get out-- I think this is the case with a lot of vehicles.

I'm sure you probably have some penetrating oil laying around-- but for specifically that heatshield's bolts, I've always heard people recommend PB Blaster.

I got it out. Went through the bottom hole not over the subframe and left the heat shield on. Boggles my mind Honda made the downpipe like that on a performance engine. It's got two 90 degree bends in it.

i'll check that one out.

View: https://youtu.be/Mol4VOMRjfk

You are going to have to remove that shield. Do you have a torch to heat the bolts? Or maybe some jb weld?

I got it out. Went through the bottom hole not over the subframe and left the heat shield on. Boggles my mind Honda made the downpipe like that on a performance engine. It's got two 90 degree bends in it.
You got it out with the heat shield on? :hmmm?: I thought it was Bolton with the 2 top bolts. It has been awhile since I took my factory manifold off.

If I remember correctly those bolts and head studs are aluminum so they should be rust free other than some corrosion. Only benefits would be if you plan to take them off in the future and you drive in a lot of salt.

Back