100K Mile Report

2012blackLX

Thought you all might be interested in my experience driving my 2012 LX 5M Sedan 100K miles. Some of the stuff I have already reported on here, but here goes the summary to the best of my memory:

1. Fuel line recall completed.
2. Failed to start 3 different times on the first try, but all fairly early on. I don't think this happened at all past 30K miles.
3. CV Axle sprung a leak and was replaced under warranty at 59K miles. I would not have noticed this if it wasn't time for my annual inspection.

Other than that, it's been great. Only had to do normal maintenance otherwise. Averaged about 34-35MPG overall, mostly highway. Worse in winter than summer.

IMG_3841.JPG

That is some serious driving! What nix said.... I'd like to know as well

That's awesome. I feel bad and I've only got 18,000 kms on it in 8 months!!!

It's good to hear these reports though. It gives the rest of us some idea as to what to expect.

You are like the 9thcivic version of deltatechx who hit 863,000 miles/520,000 miles on current engine with his 06 Civic LX a few days ago. Lol.

What do you do that makes you drive that long every day?

Last edited:
You are like the 9thcivic version of deltatechx who hit 863,000 miles/520,000 miles on current engine with his 06 Civic LX a few days ago. Lol.

What do you do that makes you drive that long every day?

After the first engine at 300000k miles would you not just get a new car.. or is it now a mission to get as many miles on one chasis

His engine did not have a problem, but the trans. He decided to just change both instead. The original engine could have ran a lot more miles.

Last edited:
Back