8th Gen 110% Lagom! My 8th gen.

Do the turbo. No sense in taking on a new loan just to hit stockish Si numbers and then have to sink more money into other mods.

But in 2-3 years time when ge goes to upgrade or trade to get something bigger he will loose more with the Civic. Would be a lot harder to part out....imo.

But in 2-3 years time when ge goes to upgrade or trade to get something bigger he will loose more with the Civic. Would be a lot harder to part out....imo.

I would rather spend the $4k now if it will make me happy for the next few years than take on a new loan. Pay for more expensive plates. Insurance goes up. Higher fuel costs. Etc.

After two years he could still part out the turbo and maybe recoup half that ($2k) and then maybe get $2k for his car.

The numbers never make sense to buy a new car if you aren't putting more into the current one than you would equivalent payments and increased costs. The depreciating asset argument is moot unless for some reason the transmission goes and the engine needs rebuilt in the same year. Neither of those are something I would be too concerned about on a Honda. Other than those potential major expenses, I doubt any repair would be too expensive for @Nix that he couldn't handle on his own.

Reactions: Nix
Dead thread revival!

Updates: Removed all the wiring to the blue halos and LEDS. They were just causing issues.

Retrofitted projector fog lights installed today! Retrofit courtesy of one Mr. @Nomar06 : Ill take some pics of the light output later. I ran them to a separate switch inside the car so I have full independent control of them. I did run them off an ignition switched fuse slot though so I can't accidentally leave them on and kill my battery.

nf4f1l.jpg

9knup0.jpg

Upcoming plans: Having a custom battery relocation bracket made. There is no room on my car to drop the battery straight down like you could on the Si. Instead I'm basically going to rotate the battery 90 degrees and bolt it to the frame rail that is underneath it. I am also going to be running a much smaller Odyssey 680 battery. It fits just about perfectly in the space. This is also going to allow me to run the hybrid style "long ram warm air intake." Instead of a full CAI that won't cut it here due to torrential rain and flooding/standing water and the SRI that sucks in hot air, I will be able to extend the filter location of the SRI setup to be right behind the drivers side headlight or possibly angled down a bit.

Also transmission cooler is in the works as is a new intake manifold and custom exhaust. I made a decision not to buy a new car for at least 3-4 more years so I'm doing to do some stuff to extend the life of this one.

Eh, updates yeah? I've got a couple. In the meantime I think this is fitting for my AT pig-pig.

Essentially I heard a great quote and decided that yes, I drive a fast pig! Its generally slow but surprisingly quick when you don't expect it. Quick, not fast. hahaha.

article-0-0B69BAC7000005DC-681_634x461.jpg

Back