12' Si Intake Manifold

V_Kam

Detroit
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
4-door
Do you think with flash pro coming out someone is more likely to come out with a design for 12' Si ?
I've seen the modified RBC and RRC's, thinking I'd I try to be patient and do a dedicated manifold with the flashpro..

the only two other options I can think of off the top of my head were skunk2 & weapon-r for the 8th gen...

I doubt there will be a specific manifold design for the 12 si. there's already so many oem manifolds and aftermarket manifolds for k series in general. Seems like it'd be a huge waste of resources to design a k manifold.

Plus, I don't think there's much more powered to be gained from swapping out a manifold without more aggressive cams. The OEM manifold offerings will likely give you as much power as you can

Plus, I don't think there's much more powered to be gained from swapping out a manifold without more aggressive cams. The OEM manifold offerings will likely give you as much power as you can

I wouldn't necessarily say that actually. It is very true, though, that Honda matches the engine profile to the mainfold. They also match the manifold to the car's expected driving style. The tsx has an intake manifold that makes the most power from 3500-5500 rpms. The 06-11 civic si has an intake manifold that makes the most power from 6-9000.

There is definitely power to be gained, the question usually is, where do you want to gain it?

Right, but a skunk2 manifold versus the RRC/RBC won't give you much more power without cams -- that was more of my point. OEM offerings are probably the best you can get without more aggressive cams.

After flashpro gets into everyone's hands and i can find a person with an RBC to tune, we'll really see what the RBC manifold can do for the k24z7.

for instance, the 06-08 TSX can gain upwards of 25+ whp with an RBC manifold over the stock RBB manifold and that's without camshafts.

The skunk2 manifold is a big manifold that i wouldn't think would ever be needed on this engine without a head swap.

Ported RBC usually does make more power, whether that holds true on this new motor, we'll see.

^^^Kinda what I was talking about yesterday with you w00t...I hope I can see some power gains on stock, RBC, and ported RBC to see what does the best...

Ah yes. I can bet a ported RBC will gain at least in a few spots of the powerband. I've noticed that the low end seems to come up GREATLY for some reason.

All great points. I guess we'll see after people are able to use fashpro on the k24.

After flashpro gets into everyone's hands and i can find a person with an RBC to tune, we'll really see what the RBC manifold can do for the k24z7.

for instance, the 06-08 TSX can gain upwards of 25+ whp with an RBC manifold over the stock RBB manifold and that's without camshafts.

The skunk2 manifold is a big manifold that i wouldn't think would ever be needed on this engine without a head swap.
I have a k24z7 engine and bout to put rbc in but mani at head shop cause I was told I have to bore holes for 9th gen injectors. The machine shop said to use bigger o rings is that true

Back