12V / Cigarette Lighter constant power vs key switch

RHelton10

Atlanta, GA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
I want to change the 12V power supply in the front of my '13 4-dr Si to constant power instead of the factory key-switched power. I've done this before in other cars, but have always run a new wire from the fuse box to the 12V power supply and used the existing ground wire.

I have a new idea, but wanted some input from you guys that deal with the electrical components more often than I.

Is it possible to find the fuse for the 12V/Cigarette Lighter, and just run a fuse-tap from that spot over to another constant power fuse? Basically, let 1 fuse supply power to the other fuse that is, from the factory, only on a key-switched power. Does this make sense? You guys see any issues with doing this?

Wow...crickets out there. Either no-one has an opinion on this, or I did a piss-poor job of explaining my idea lol.

I want to change the 12V power supply in the front of my '13 4-dr Si to constant power instead of the factory key-switched power. I've done this before in other cars, but have always run a new wire from the fuse box to the 12V power supply and used the existing ground wire.

I have a new idea, but wanted some input from you guys that deal with the electrical components more often than I.

Is it possible to find the fuse for the 12V/Cigarette Lighter, and just run a fuse-tap from that spot over to another constant power fuse? Basically, let 1 fuse supply power to the other fuse that is, from the factory, only on a key-switched power. Does this make sense? You guys see any issues with doing this?
fusebox bro in the cabin... #23 is ignition fed.

fusebox bro in the cabin... #23 is ignition fed.

Yeah, I looked at the owner's manual and figured out which fuse it would be. The question I had, though, is it possible to do so w/out any issues that I'm not foreseeing? I was wondering if anyone had already tried something similar and could attest to its success or failure.

Yeah, I looked at the owner's manual and figured out which fuse it would be. The question I had, though, is it possible to do so w/out any issues that I'm not foreseeing? I was wondering if anyone had already tried something similar and could attest to its success or failure.
its ignition powered. when you start the car you got da powa!

oh **** just looked at this today! haha im sorry you wanted without ignituion.. like powered all the time lol im sorry im such an idiot! LOL!

fuse #10 i think?

i put my fuse taps in #10 when im at shows so i can turn off and lock my car and still keep all dem lights on! Sorry for the dealy fuckk 30 days late... sorry bro
@RHelton10

Just FYI, I tapped into the power windows fuse for my fog lights. After shutting off car, the key does not need to be in the ignition and the lights stay on until door is opened.

Just FYI, I tapped into the power windows fuse for my fog lights. After shutting off car, the key does not need to be in the ignition and the lights stay on until door is opened.

Now that's a pretty cool idea. I'm trying to decide on the yellow overlay for my fog lights, or just going hyper white all the way around. Once I figure out the look I want, I may do the fuse trick as well. Thanks for the idea!

Back