15 inch factory honda alloys

Stephey

Vehicle Model
civic
Body Style
coupe
After thinking about how I plan to use this car, I wanted to keep the stock tires size/profile to retain a nice smooth ride. This isn't going to be my "sports car" (note the 265 RWHP 3.1L stroker orange Datsun 280z in the background) but the stock plastic hubcaps made the car look cheap. I really didn't care for the look of the 7 spoke 16 inch accessory wheel either. I thought a 5 spoke would look good and therefor figured I would have to go aftermarket, which I didn't want to do for a variety of reasons.

I was poking around the CHH site and saw some 15 inch alloys, made for upgrade of DX/LX cars in a 5 spoke and ordered them. CHH did a VERY excellent job of packaging them up and I got them installed today. I LOVE the way they look, kinda a old school hot rod look to them. I know for a lot of people they don't look racy/modern enough but like I said, that isn't what I wanted this car to be. I already have a fast car :P

Anyway here is a picture of them in case anyone is curious what they look like on a car. They have a machined spoke/rim and painted inserts with clear over the whole thing. Very sharp wheels and factory quality with steel inserts for lug nuts, stock TPMS fit etc.

civicnew.jpg

They look nice, and your 280z are 5 spokes as well.

The wheels look great!

More pics of the Datsun please!

OK, found these 2 shots on my hard drive. The car has a flat hood without the scoops now but otherwise is the same. I thought the scoops looked cool for about a week and then got the body shop to trade the hood to some guy for a flat one. The paint job is a clone of a JDM 432 special race rep made in small numbers in the early 70's. This car started life as a 130 RWHP 2.8L i6 and is now a 3.1L. Has a massively ported/welded head, hot cam, hand made intake with programmable EFI. Last trip at the dyno was 265 RWHP. This is the reason I didn't figure I needed an si :) I'll get a shot of the engine posted later. It's a very fun car to drive and super reliable.

orangez.jpgorangez2.jpg

I am another one that wanted to keep the stock tires on my 2012. I liked the look of the wheels i had on my 2010 EX Sedan and so installed them on my 2012. The mountain in the background is Mt. Shasta in Northern California.

shasta2.jpg

Yeah those are some very sharp wheels for a blue car too!

I am another one that wanted to keep the stock tires on my 2012. I liked the look of the wheels i had on my 2010 EX Sedan and so installed them on my 2012. The mountain in the background is Mt. Shasta in Northern California.
Not only the wheels but that is a great picture of your car, Senior Chief.

The Datsun is very nice indeed!

Back