18,000 miles valve train issue

I had the same problem at 4000 miles. Dealer told me that the rocker arm was going past where it needs to be for vtec engagement and slamming into the block of the head even showed me where it chipped the block. Honda corp. Advised them to give me a whole new head altogether. I did miss shift but only over revved to 7800 rpm. The problem didn't start till 500 miles or so later. At 17000 miles now and my valve train has been loud since they replaced the head.

I had the same problem at 4000 miles. Dealer told me that the rocker arm was going past where it needs to be for vtec engagement and slamming into the block of the head even showed me where it chipped the block. Honda corp. Advised them to give me a whole new head altogether. I did miss shift but only over revved to 7800 rpm. The problem didn't start till 500 miles or so later. At 17000 miles now and my valve train has been loud since they replaced the head.
Yea something just ain't right with the heads in k24. I haven't had any issue but didn't hot vtec in a while! I feel cheated! Could of bought r18

Back