2 head units : one for I-mid and the other for speaker system?

Stonetrooper

Is it possible to hook up my speaker system (2 alpine type-r 5.25 front components, stock deck speakers, and alpine type-r 12'' sub in the trunk) to a separate head unit, maybe while still keeping functionality for the stock head unit, but to increase sound quality? Just basically adding a head unit somewhere to be able to use for the speakers so my imid doesnt have to not work? Thanks as always guys. Lemme know what you think.

Your wheel controls would obviously be useless. You couldn't change songs or any of that stuff if your other head unit is being used for audio. It'd be better to put the new head unit in and work on connecting imid controls.

Crutchfield-
I will be happy to help you with your questions regarding a replacement stereo for your 2012 Honda Civic. According to our research database, none of the info center functions will be lost when the factory radio is replaced. However, you will need to purchase a steering wheel control adapter to retain your steering wheel functions. The ASWC adapter from Axxess would be the correct product for your car.

I'm not sure what you mean by keeping the functionality of the stock head unit. I personally plan on replacing my head unit. I'll get an aftermarket deck with Bluetooth and the such so I can keep that but I won't mind loosing my steering wheel controls and imids radio functions. I'm just trying to figure out if the wiring harness adapter bypasses or feeds the stock amp and which one is better. If sound quality is all your after and you want to keep your stock head unit you may look into the jl audio cleansweep

you could use something like the JL Cleansweep to flatten out the signals coming out of your stock head unit and provide all the line level outputs you want

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-oem-interface
So that would basically upgrade my quality of output from my stock head unit? If so that is all I am after. I need to be able to turn it up louder than 40 on the civic I mid

Im really trying to avoid an $800 price tag. At that price Id get some rims.

you can find it cheaper if you look or buy used....... But this isn't 1992 anymore. lol. Car audio costs money for quality, and especially when you're trying to keep the stock interface.

So that would basically upgrade my quality of output from my stock head unit? If so that is all I am after. I need to be able to turn it up louder than 40 on the civic I mid

Yea the whole point of the Cleansweep was to keep the stock head unit but give you total control over the sound quality

you can find it cheaper if you look or buy used....... But this isn't 1992 anymore. lol. Car audio costs money for quality, and especially when you're trying to keep the stock interface.
I love my civic but i hate how they make this stuff so complicated due to all the government regulations and everything else..

Sounds like you need to get the cleansweep. Get all new speakers and run your speakers off of a 4 channel amp and run your subs off of a seperate amp. Basically the only thing you should keep is the stock head for your imid and steering wheel controls. Your amps would be fed by the cleansweep and the only thing your stock head would feed would be the cleansweep. This won't be cheap and will give you the sound your looking for. Maybe add an eq after the cleansweep to tailor the sound.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_12040HD11/Honda-Antenna-Adapter.html?tp=2569
"This antenna adapter lets you connect an aftermarket car stereo to the factory antenna cable in select 2009-up Honda vehicles. The adapter has an OEM female plug on one end and a Motorola male plug on the other. The adapter cable also features a blue wire which connects to your aftermarket radio's power-antenna/turn-on lead."

Are you needing a dash kit?
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142HA1713B/Honda-In-dash-Receiver-Kit.html?tp=3121

Back