2005 civic Si throwing a code (to many reps per minute)

fritz

atlantic city, nj
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
My friends civic is throwing a code that says its too many reps per minute. Anyone every experience this, or might be able to give some ideas on what the issue could be?

What year/model Civic?

Did he over-rev his engine, maybe accidentally downshift to too low a gear? Is it having any issues now to go along with the code?

What is the actual code number? There are a handful of honda techs here that may be able to help

I don't have the code yet, he went to autozone and that was all they told him. I'm gonna get it from him tommorrow. As for the issues it is having seems to be the heater core, i dont think they are related, but you never know. But he said that the code just poped up today, heater core was already an issue since last weekend.

throttle position sensor
idle air control valve

^ commonly the culprit according to other forums. Does it have the stock throttle body?

throttle position sensor
idle air control valve

^ commonly the culprit according to other forums. Does it have the stock throttle body?
Yes it is the stock throttle body and that makes a lot of sense. Gives me a spot to start from. Thanks a lot @webby

Back