2006 Honda Civic Hitting 999,999+ Kilometers

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Some individuals may recognize this user - who now has hit, and gone OVER 1 million kilometers in his 8th gen civic. This was on the 14th of April

His comments:
I use this car for work delivering med supplies to nursing homes. I use to drive 3,600 miles a week, now I'm down to 2,500 miles a week. I purchased the car in May of 2007 with 20,000 miles on the odometer. I'm on my second motor but the first motor didn't fail it was the transmission that failed at about 350,000 miles, I replaced the motor along with the transmission hoping to get better fuel mileage.

He's discovered that the odometer did not roll over past 999k, and has notified Honda. He's supposed to stop at the dealer to have it looked at.

Pretty crazy

Very impressive! He could keep following the miles, assuming those are still being recorded?

This reminds me of the story of a guy who's Harley-Davidson acheived a few hundred thousand miles, and the company gave him a brand new one of his choice in exchange for that one. I guess they wanted to tear it apart to look at it more closely.

I think Honda should do this for this guy.

• Staff
Why did it go from Kilometers to Miles?! :scratches:

Oh and the numbers came frommmmm???? :shady:
You can change it from kilometers/miles on the dash setting for users who live in Canada etc

Numbers came from? Not sure what you mean

Ken - others said the same thing. Honda may want it back to display or tear down

I mean what was the point.. OHHHHH WAIT. I get it. With the amount of miles he has on the chassis when converted to kilometers it's was well over 1 million right? That's why when it beeped the numbers went back to 6 hundred thousand.

Sorry, this Asian is horrible at math.

he just changed it so users could see what it was in miles versus kilometers because a majority of the people on 8th are in the US.

Nomar - agreed, I wish he would have just swapped the clutch and continued to run the stock engine till something really happened to it.

I do recall people asking about his seat in his original thread... don't remember him ever posting a pic of it though

Back