2012 9thcivic.com Tail of The Dragon I - Chat, Pics and Videos thread

Will u post some of the gopro vids?
I am going to edit some stuff together and put it up on YouTube. It takes a while and I haven't had much time for activities like that since I got home from the Dragon meet. I compiled about 6 hrs of raw video from the event and haven't even seen it all, yet. I still have to send the Exhaust Shoot-Out launch videos to Death_Roll so that he can complete his video project.
Like Kenny GS said, The GoPro wide angle based videos really dilute the sensation of speed. As you know, there were times when I was following you with only a few feet between us. It looks like 3 car lengths on the video. There is so much wind noise you can't even hear the tires squealing. Am I whining here or what?

I am going to edit some stuff together and put it up on YouTube. It takes a while and I haven't had much time for activities like that since I got home from the Dragon meet. I compiled about 6 hrs of raw video from the event and haven't even seen it all, yet. I still have to send the Exhaust Shoot-Out launch videos to Death_Roll so that he can complete his video project.
Like Kenny GS said, The GoPro wide angle based videos really dilute the sensation of speed. As you know, there were times when I was following you with only a few feet between us. It looks like 3 car lengths on the video. There is so much wind noise you can't even hear the tires squealing. Am I whining here or what?

Do you have one of the original gopro hero's or do you have a hero2? The new gopro's videos are a bit better. I just wish the cases didnt allow so much wind noise. Even with the higher speed back plate there's a lot of wind noise

Hmmmzzz....I smell the creation of a new product brewing here. Who has money for a prototype? lol

Do you have one of the original gopro hero's or do you have a hero2? The new gopro's videos are a bit better. I just wish the cases didnt allow so much wind noise. Even with the higher speed back plate there's a lot of wind noise
It's a Hero2. I haven't fooled around with any external mic setups , yet. If I had a CAI, a mic under the hood would work well, I think.

lol my bad. Do you have a mac or pc? Keith had a clever way of doing it on pc, not sure about mac

PC bro! F the Mac! :hiding:

You buy them and compensate the photographers for being out there all day.. lol

Yeah... I know.. :-/ Saw Keith do it and others :-/

Greg and Jeff are thieves!!

:yeahthat:

I'm just trying to help Jeff with his thievery. I bought one from killboy from this trip

Thanks. :bighug:

I'm also thinking about a whole new idea next year for food. If I were to get a cabin next year I (with an assistant who can cook as well) will make food for the saturday, picnic/chill out style at the cabin. The good thing is that I can lower the reg fee substantially for next year, prob to around $20.

Thoughts?

LOVE this idea! This is what Jason, Dawn, Josh, Josh and I did last year. It was MUCH cheaper and good food. And close! I did miss that from this year tho. :(

About trolling the pics off the photography sites, I did it previous years but I think the site software has been upgraded as I couldn't figure it out right off. ....but I don't care to do so anyway. The little pics are way too small. I have purchased photos in the past from killboy and us129.

I would prefer more zoomed out pics over pics where my car is the only thing I can see. I want to see the road!!

LOVE this idea! This is what Jason, Dawn, Josh, Josh and I did last year. It was MUCH cheaper and good food. And close! I did miss that from this year tho. :(

I'd love for Jason, Josh, and Dawn's assistance if they go next year.

I think killboy and us129photos are the only 2 sites I've gotten any from. The others aren't as good quality

Back