2012 9thcivic.com Tail of The Dragon I - Chat, Pics and Videos thread

Here's a video from a run we did up the TOD before we left Sunday. It was Nomar06, Tony An, Mamarazzi, Bootyluvr and me.

I remember seeing all of you in the other direction when me Greg and Connor were coming back from the dragon's den.

:eek: damn that speed limit is high there... :hiding: .

Holy crap I estimate I was over 100 being that I already got 4th, your car must really pick up on the topend, I really wanna go back to high rpm screaming n/a :drool:

Hope you can get it repaired soon, sucks that happened :sad:

But at least you won the kitteh, you can always look at that & feel better.

:shadyhat: My car's been on a partial tune since Jan. Now that the problem that prevented the full tuning is sorted out, and the fact that I've got a couple of bucks, hopefully I can get a full tune. I'm WAY down on power from where I should be. :vtec: I frakking LOVE the kitteh! It looks almost like one of my cats, and it was definitely the best non-prize on the table. I love when Sweet Gympers comes to the Dragon cuz that means I'm gonna win stuff. :rockwoot:

Matt, sorry to hear about your a$s-tapping escapades :( It could have been worse though!!

I will have to take a photo of my wheels after 2 track days to show how much race pads dust. lol

That sucks :( I'm so sorry :(

Thanks guys. In the end (pun intended) it was my own dumba$$ fault, but that didn't make it any better. Not to mention it was yet another cruddy thing in a very long list of cruddy things that have plagued me since Jun 2001.

STOP! Hammer Time! I was really hoping you'd be at the meet sir, and hope you'll join us whenever the next one occurs. :thumbsup:

:shadyhat: My car's been on a partial tune since Jan. Now that the problem that prevented the full tuning is sorted out, and the fact that I've got a couple of bucks, hopefully I can get a full tune. I'm WAY down on power from where I should be. :vtec: I frakking LOVE the kitteh! It looks almost like one of my cats, and it was definitely the best non-prize on the table. I love when Sweet Gympers comes to the Dragon cuz that means I'm gonna win stuff. :rockwoot:

Glad you like the kitteh, I brought it down hoping maybe Christina or someone else would take it. I would love to see your car at its full potential next year, I wanna go back to n/a and gove this low revving turbo stuff a break.

Glad you like the kitteh, I brought it down hoping maybe Christina or someone else would take it. I would love to see your car at its full potential next year, I wanna go back to n/a and gove this low revving turbo stuff a break.

Robert wouldn't let me haha

yes, I'm a troll, but since I didnt have my car, I'm not buying anything

thumb_1347754690DAVE0115.jpg

:fistpump:Kitteh's fvcking awesome. :thumbsup:

As for the car's full potential...you and me both. I was hoping to get it there long before now. Unfortunately a low paying job and a never ending series of cruddy life situations has prevented me from taking it further. Hopefully soon I can get a little more done to it. :pray:

Robert wouldn't let me haha

:think: Really? THAT'S where Gingersnap draws the line out of all the critters you take in? :bleh:

Greg we were talking about brake pads a while ago.. can't remember which thread

This was 2 days w/ rain on the first day which cleaned them a lot.
IMG_20120922_152457.jpg

That's nuts. I can honestly say I've never had brake pads that dusted that bad lol. I'll stick to my street pads, but at least now I know the brake dust isn't as bad as it could be :dancing:

That's nuts. I can honestly say I've never had brake pads that dusted that bad lol. I'll stick to my street pads, but at least now I know the brake dust isn't as bad as it could be :dancing:
If you ever had to brake for turn 1-2 @ Roebling Road, or turn 10a @ Road Atlanta, I think you would probably tolerate the PFC brake dust! LOL

If you ever had to brake for turn 1-2 @ Roebling Road, or turn 10a @ Road Atlanta, I think you would probably tolerate the PFC brake dust! LOL
Lol yes. I'm around 135mph at both places when braking (nothing too fast) but I don't care how my wheels look as long as I can slow down consistently and safely. There was a Z06 earlier in the year that went straight over the banking and into the field at T1 RRR.
:hatsoff:

The brake dust on the vette is very bad, but the trade off is incredible stopping power. :excited:
Reread this in a Jeremy Clarkson accent. POWARRRGGHHHH

Lmao Robert. etf i haven't driven on the track but I've been with him at 10a. Glad i had my neck donut. I was so miserable the first time before i bought it

Lmao Robert. etf i haven't driven on the track but I've been with him at 10a. Glad i had my neck donut. I was so miserable the first time before i bought it
I'm sure that Robert didn't intend for you to be miserable. After all, it's fun for him because he is hanging on to the steering wheel! LOL You riding with Robert made me think of the ride that Joao Barbosa's wife got in his DP car @ Daytona:

Back