DIY 2012 Civic 3M VentureShield Paint Protection Kit / Clearbra (Whole Car)

Once again, I know where to go when I need quality DIY instructions! Amazing!

just ordered my clear hood 3m, hope it comes out easy. And when will they have the whole front bumper for coupes?

Certain soaps might strip some of the wax on your car, so I'm not really sure if waxing it prior to applying film will make any difference.
But if you're like me, you'll wax it anyway because why not.

Jasonandre, Where did you buy the rocker kit? I bought a full kit from the 9th gen store, but my kit did not come with the rocker panel protection. I don't even see them in the 9th gen store.

I just installed the full kit, except for the bumper and the headlights. I plan on doing those next weekend.

I went a little bit above and beyond and tucked the film under the front of the hood. This required a ton of stretching to get the back of the hood liner to line up with the film on the fenders. I have a white car, so I can see all of dirt and debris that got under the liner. It's not a perfect install, but I'm happy with the results for being my first time. Also, big thanks to the person that runs the 9th gen store, I received my kit in record time which allowed me to start this project this weekend.

When I get time I will post some pictures, and some extra tips that might help others.

didn't go as well as I had hoped. First I locked my keys in the car, and my only spares were in my safe. The keys to my safe were locked in the car.

I no longer have a functioning safe.

lol sorry for your trouble but that made me crack up.
Great write up btw.
Looks like a lot of work but probably very well worth it

Back