2012 Civic Body-In-White Now Available For $3500

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
2012 Honda Civic Body-In-White Available For $3500
SEMA_HPD_Body_in_White_3.sized.jpg

SEMA_HPD_Body_in_White_4.sized.jpg

The Civic Si body-in-white is essentially the car’s chassis stripped of all its components except brakes, suspension, a limited-slip differential and tow strap.

While that may seem useless to new car buyers, those in performance circles that are used to building up race cars will see it as a convenient and somewhat rare opportunity. Previously, they would have to buy a complete car and then strip it of most of its parts.

Typical components required to make the body-in-white ready for race use include an engine and gearbox, a roll-cage and windows, a seat for the driver and several electronic systems. Many of the required components can be bought directly from Honda via its Honda Racing Line division or picked up elsewhere.

As The Detroit News Reports, the body-in-white once fully built up would be eligible for use in the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, SCCA Pro Pirelli World Challenge and various other club racing categories.

Honda had the body-in-white on display at the 2011 Sema show alongside the HFP Civic, and three Civics modified by aftermarket companies.

Gallery images from the Sema show can be seen below:
http://9thcivic.com/gallery/2012-Civic-SI-Sema-Show?page=1

I will volunteer my wrenching skills to the team effort.

It's perfect for a LS engine RWD conversion. Lol.

there you go webby, 9thcivic.com sponsored race car, I'll be the driver :)

ok back to reality, I have work to do today

anybody else think they are doing this because they changed the body style and had left over coupes???

anybody else think they are doing this because they changed the body style and had left over coupes???

Nah....they announced this a long time ago, sometime around SEMA. Although I think the cost of the body was more than the amount mentioned here.

I think they had that same one pictured above....

Cool, I thought I remembered seeing some pics of it at the show...then no it definitely wasn't an afterthought

I think if I had the cash and it was offered I'd go with a CR-Z shell over a civic coupe shell (no matter how you dice it, the civic is still a much bigger car than it used to be... definitely larger than my old RSX-S was). A CR-Z shell with a K24Z7 dropped in it would be bada$$ :D

Back