2012 civic LX horn

Rench

My horn will not blow from the steering wheel but works fine when using the remote to lock the car or hitting the panic button. Any Ideas?

Take it to dealership? Assuming your car is still under warranty and that you didn't tamper with the horn in the first place. That seems like a pretty big fault to overlook.

Take it to dealership? Assuming your car is still under warranty and that you didn't tamper with the horn in the first place. That seems like a pretty big fault to overlook.
Although I am New to Hondas, I am pretty much a wrench head. The 1st thing I checked was the fuse and I don't think that would fall under"Tampering with". The car is not under warranty and prior to me getting it, it was in a front end collision. I'm not sure if the air bag was deployed or not but I am tring to find out. It seems to reason, that if the horn does work with the other things that can make it blow, but does not work with the actual horn switch, then more than likely the switch, or something that activates the switch, for exampe the push pad on the steering wheel, is probally bad, or out of possition. I am confident the circut is ok but I don't know how everything ties together in the steering wheel. How hard is it to get into the switch and how do you go about doing that?

If you're comfortable handling an airbag, take it off and check the wiring harness connection. It's a fairly simple task to do and you'll be able to access all steering wheel connections there.

It is possible that there is an issue with the clock spring: the horn connection, airbag, and audio controls / cruise etc would all connect to the clock spring. If there are a few connectors on the clock spring, it is possible that when it was replaced ( assuming the airbag deployed ) someone missed a connector.

real quick where you from? i know here in the great commonwealth one of the great things are the lemon laws basically stating if your sold a pos and it dosent pass inspection its on the selling party to fix it.

Thanks for the you tube link Monk. Looks doable to me. What would be my biggest concern in dealing with the airbag removal and replacement? Why do you need to use new screws? If they are patch screws can I just use thread lock? thanks again.

Many hondas have 2 horns. One which is activated with triggering the locks and another which triggers off the horn on the steering wheel.

looks like the 9th gen civics have two horns as well. #8 and #12 in the diagram?
http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...ne-room-1/horn-assy-low-mitsuba/38100-sfj-w02

@CollegeHillsHonda can you confirm there are 2 horns on the 9th gens?
not to step on chh's toes but yes there are 2 horns on the 9th. one is a high tone and the other is a low tone. if the work independently from each other for the lock chirp i really do not know.

i know because ive been looking at doing the accord horn swap because our horn sounds kinda sad.

There are two horns. One is mounted at the top of the radiator and one behind the driver's side fog light. One is a high tone and the other is a low tone. I believe they both trigger at the same time, but I am not positive.

I know that on the fit it'd trigger one horn to lock the doors which sounded like the roadrunner cartoon (meep meep). The horn "upgrade" people did involved putting the accord horn on the front. It made the normal horn passable, but it still had the meep meep if you clicked the locks.

That actually makes since. The key fob door lock beep wasn't working, but the steering wheel was when I first swapped the new horns. I ended up having a loose wire.

if his was in a wreck, maybe it was never reconnected or a wire is messed up... whatever

Ok Thanks. I did not know about the second horn. I only saw the one above the radiator. I will chech the other and see what I can find.

Many hondas have 2 horns. One which is activated with triggering the locks and another which triggers off the horn on the steering wheel.

looks like the 9th gen civics have two horns as well. #8 and #12 in the diagram?
http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...ne-room-1/horn-assy-low-mitsuba/38100-sfj-w02

@CollegeHillsHonda can you confirm there are 2 horns on the 9th gens?

Yes there are 2 horns. Typically both will sound when the horn is activated. On some vehicles only the one horn sounds when using the remote.

Back