2012 Civic Review And Comparison To The 8thcivic

Pretty nice vid. I assume that this is the rt17 meet. In comparison of the rear passenger seats: Is the head room/leg room much better and spacious on the 9th gen compared to the 8th?

I remember having 3 people on my 8th, one was 6'3" (front passenger seat), 6'1", and 5'9". They had headroom problems and more of the general room problem. Lol. I was also the shortest one (I'm 5'7") and I was driving so I had the most comfortable ride.

The only way you would see me own a 9th is if someone paid me to own it & I would drive that bish straight to somewhere to sell it for an 8th.

Got to love that Star Trek cleared for takeoff lights on the speedo on the 9th :rotfl:

Pretty nice vid. I assume that this is the rt17 meet. In comparison of the rear passenger seats: Is the head room/leg room much better and spacious on the 9th gen compared to the 8th?

I remember having 3 people on my 8th, one was 6'3" (front passenger seat), 6'1", and 5'9". They had headroom problems and more of the general room problem. Lol. I was also the shortest one (I'm 5'7") and I was driving so I had the most comfortable ride.
It's not much different in terms of head room. Leg room is a bit bigger. Our friend who's well over 6' couldn't really fit.

The only way you would see me own a 9th is if someone paid me to own it & I would drive that bish straight to somewhere to sell it for an 8th.

Got to love that Star Trek cleared for takeoff lights on the speedo on the 9th :rotfl:
"To each their own" :thumb:

Good thing my husband and I only got the car to make US happy. Why be on a forum for 9th gens if you don't like them? Just curious

^A lot of people from 8thCivic migrated here because of how things were being run under new management, myself included. Friends from there, and the general entertainment that comes form a car forum, would be my guess as to the main reasons why non 9th-gen fans signed up.

My husband and I are included in the group that came over from 8th. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the car but to bash someone's car like that is a little silly. You can say something along the lines of, "Eh not my style." or "I prefer the 8th" but to word it in the way the other poster did is a bit rude.

• Staff
My husband and I are included in the group that came over from 8th. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the car but to bash someone's car like that is a little silly. You can say something along the lines of, "Eh not my style." or "I prefer the 8th" but to word it in the way the other poster did is a bit rude.
thanks for taking the time to make the vid. :cheerleader:

No problem Webby. You know Gene and I are down to help you out with any of the videos and info you need. We enjoy it.

^A lot of people from 8thCivic migrated here because of how things were being run under new management, myself included. Friends from there, and the general entertainment that comes form a car forum, would be my guess as to the main reasons why non 9th-gen fans signed up.
I barely go to the 8th nowadays.

Great videos. It's nice to see a comparison...it's just a little dark and I can't see half the stuff :(
Unless my monitor sucks

I can do another comparison video. The 8th gen in my video is gonna be at my house tomorrow. I can do a tour video on monday

That would be awesome!! I definitely love this video...and it shows all the lights on the dash well in the dark..
..but you just can't see the interior difference all that well :(

Not a problem. I also forgot a couple lil things like the extra "window" to help with the previous blindspot on the A pillar

Lol it's nothing special. You know how the sedans have that small piece of glass/window towards the front of the car where the mirror and A pillar is? Well the 9ths have it. Even the couples. Honda said it was to help minimize the blind spot that the 8th had.

I like the window and the folding side mirrors that the new coupe has.

Back