2012 civic si new owner, please help me

hotsauce61488

Hello everyone, i picked up a 2012 honda civic si brand new in rally red. I love the car to death, i wanted to immediately put on the "HFP kit". I was told college hills honda is the cheapest place to order, but even cheaper than ebay? I want OEM genuine parts

1 ) where is the cheapest place to order the three items online including shipping ( live in ny )
2) Do I also need suspension ? I want the car to look like a HFP civic coupe si that they offered in only 500 available si coupes

Please help me as i am still new to the honda scene

i want my car to look exactly like this , if someone would be so kind to list these items on a link for purchase, i would be soo happy !!

Attachments

• civic.jpg
    civic.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 40
Welcome!

Yes, the HFP kit includes suspension, the side, front, and rear moldings, as well as 18 inch wheels.

College Hills Honda is hard to beat in the US for member prices. I'm guessing they'd be close to the best price unless you can find someone who may be selling a used kit.

Good luck!

andre should i purchase the kit as a whole or get the front, side, and back moldings seperately? im so confused ..

andre should i purchase the kit as a whole or get the front, side, and back moldings seperately? im so confused ..

I suggest talking to the guys at College Hills to see what everything you want would cost you. It's a starting point at least. They'll know all of what you would need and would be able to break it down for you.

I have the areo kit only on my car. I am doing a coilovers suspension and will be getting my own rims...I think the civic hfp suspension prob isn't worth the money compared to an aftermarket which you have control over ride hieght and stiffness adjustments. You already said you wanted your own rims and the. All you really need is the red floor mattes and there were a few for sale in here the other day.

guys in order to receive the rewards discounts for college hill, it says i need to be a member for 30 days ? = [ .. is that still in effect? i just got my civic today and want to put this on ASAP

*Special pricing applies to replacement parts only. Accessories and other select items will not apply.

I believe none of the HFP items qualifies. Just an FYI, the HFP side skirts include shipping.

I would go with aftermarket coilovers if you want the adjustability. I would also go with aftermarket wheels and stick with 17" in order to not sacrifice ride quality. Plus, you could probably get some decent lightweight wheels for around the same price and wouldn't need to buy new tires right away.

Some of the opinions seem to be to go with coilovers and aftermarket rims. I will be doing the same thing, I REALLY like the look of the HFP setup. I drive my car on average 100 miles /day with my commute. I recently helped my brother drop his car on coilovers and we have played with different settings and I honestly can't imagine that being my suspensions setup as a daily driver. I know the HFP suspension is very pricey, but from what I've been able to find from people who have gone from stock, they all seem to say that the ride is an improvement, but don't expect it to be more than a 1/2 inch drop. On the topic of rims, i have scoured this forum and seen many great looking cars with rims, but none have made me say, "I need those rims" as much as the HFP rims. I believe they are 18x7, which isn't a very popular width, but they do look great. This is a great community and forum, take the advice of these guys, they know their stuff, but in the end, it is your ride. Just a word of caution, one you start, you won't be able to stop :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Some of the opinions seem to be to go with coilovers and aftermarket rims. I will be doing the same thing, I REALLY like the look of the HFP setup. I drive my car on average 100 miles /day with my commute. I recently helped my brother drop his car on coilovers and we have played with different settings and I honestly can't imagine that being my suspensions setup as a daily driver. I know the HFP suspension is very pricey, but from what I've been able to find from people who have gone from stock, they all seem to say that the ride is an improvement, but don't expect it to be more than a 1/2 inch drop. On the topic of rims, i have scoured this forum and seen many great looking cars with rims, but none have made me say, "I need those rims" as much as the HFP rims. I believe they are 18x7, which isn't a very popular width, but they do look great. This is a great community and forum, take the advice of these guys, they know their stuff, but in the end, it is your ride. Just a word of caution, one you start, you won't be able to stop :)

Well put, I have a sedan but love my HFP wheels too! OP it's your car but an all HFP Si in my opinion would be nice

Back