2012 Civic Si Rev Hang - Software Update

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
A software update is now available for 2012 Honda Civic Si vehicles in the US. You need to take your vehicle to your nearest dealership to have the update done.

"Recommended Program Update X0A050"

The dealership will need to connect their MVCI tester to your car and will provide a trouble code reading "PGM-FI". The software update Program is supposed to greatly help/remove the rev hang.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-3vwk4mnF4

"Rev Hang" is described as the throttle floating/hanging after you've put the clutch in/stopped pushing the gas, and the rpms do not drop.

At this point, the info has not spread around to all dealership staff. Most will have no clue what you are talking about until they hook your car up to the MVCI tester & see the trouble code first hand.

this happened with the 8th gen and they recognized the issue and corrected it....so you would think it would be a non-issue on the newest iteration of the si. But no, in typical Honda fashion, they ignore what they learn through each iteration of a car.

• Staff
that is true, ...there was a software update for the 8th for basically the same thing

Nice little freebie from Honda, atleast they're offering to fix it instead of saying sorry buy Hondata FP!

this happened with the 8th gen and they recognized the issue and corrected it....so you would think it would be a non-issue on the newest iteration of the si. But no, in typical Honda fashion, they ignore what they learn through each iteration of a car.

that is true, ...there was a software update for the 8th for basically the same thing

Really? I never heard of it or got any letter from Honda....

Am I the only one who was never really bothered by the rev hang? I don't even notice it much in the 9th. The 8th and the Accord I noticed it though. Guess I can have them do this when the car gets serviced next.

What are the downsides to leaving the rev hang?

The rev hang bothered me in the beginning, but I don't notice it much anymore.

What would be the downsides or benefits? My only guess would be that not correcting it, would put more wear on the clutch?

The rev hang bothered me in the beginning, but I don't notice it much anymore.

What would be the downsides or benefits? My only guess would be that not correcting it, would put more wear on the clutch?
Could be. I thought I read somewhere that Honda purposely put the rev hang on the cars for some emissions BS or something. I wish I could cite the source but it's been years since I've seen the article.

I was just at my dealer yesterday I'm gonna have to call in there and find out cause they deff didn't do it

Clunck

A software update is now available for 2012 Honda Civic Si vehicles in the US. You need to take your vehicle to your nearest dealership to have the update done.

"Recommended Program Update X0A030"

The dealership will need to connect their MVCI tester to your car and will provide a trouble code reading "PGM-FI". The software update Program is supposed to greatly help/remove the rev hang.

"Rev Hang" is described as the throttle floating/hanging after you've put the clutch in/stopped pushing the gas, and the rpms do not drop.

At this point, the info has not spread around to all dealership staff. Most will have no clue what you are talking about until they hook your car up to the MVCI tester & see the trouble code first hand.

That's great news webby!! I hope it's for Canadian cars as well. I will ask at my dealership. Nice tid bit of info! Thanks :clapping:

Took mine to work with me. Had my friend hook it up and see what was going on. He did the software update from above in the car. Fixed it!

Awesome stuff. Notice many changes? Feedback?

I just went into Corona Honda and they ran the update X0A030 but I have read on other forums that the new update is actually X0A050 not 030. Anyway it didn't do anything at all for the rev hang issue.

So you saw no change in the way your car drove?

Back