DIY 2012 Civic Si Sedan Fog Light DIY Updated "Easy Method"

Royce

PART 1 of 2 "Each thread only allows twenty photos at once" LAME!!!!!!!!

So I took the idea from SIRACEGRL and modified it for us sedan peoplzzzzzzzzz. I found this method far easier.

Tools/Equipment and materials needed.

-Tint of your choice. "My local tint shop provided me with about ten cubic feet" fo free!!!!!!!
-Isopropyl Alcohol
-Distilled Water
-Spray Bottle
-Paper Towels
-Scissors
-squeegee
-Exacto Knife
-Templet printed from SIRACEGRLY's thread
-Clean Cutting Surface "I used a slab of sheet metal over a towel to ensure not to damage the table I cut on"

1. Check and ensure you have all your materials.

I could not get the templet to print correctly under any settings so i just traced it off of the computer screen via pencil and a sheet of paper.

add6e454.sized.jpg

c07cf818.sized.jpg

2. Remove the fog lights via one screw and slide it out.

fb24c320.sized.jpg

3. Disconnect the fog light electrical connection and slide it out.

72d77982.sized.jpg

4. Remove the 3 screws that keep the fog light connected to the housing. And then put them back in the housing after removing the light to ensure no hardware is lost.

e55f8c3d.sized.jpg

47ef809d.sized.jpg

1a8d08d9.sized.jpg

5. Clean the fog light with isopropyl alcohol with a paper towel.

06235c70.sized.jpg

6. Cut the templet out with scissors.

c07cf818_001.sized.jpg

7. Out line the template on your choice of tint. "I did it on the back with sharpie to ensure no markings were left on the tint".

8ea0d8b3.sized.jpg

552f348a.sized.jpg

8. Cut the tint out using your exacto knife.

ec5aeffb.sized.jpg

b1dd2800.sized.jpg

fbd3e993.sized.jpg

9. Fill your bottle with 30% Alcohol and 70% Distilled water. "I recommend this being that distilled water contains zero minerals and alcohol will ensure quick drying while at the same time providing enough viscosity to move the tint around if not placed properly".

Alcohol
a5bbdad6.sized.jpg

Distilled water on top of that.

bd19049d.sized.jpg

10. Spray the lens with the mixture.

389fa460.sized.jpg

11. Apply the film after removing the backing and squeegee the excess fluid out, I find that a paper towel also works prime for this as it absorbs the fluid as you press it out, meanwhile ensuring it is aligned properly. Keep pressing fluid out till it dries. "About two min".

1b2719e6.sized.jpg

e5587799.sized.jpg

PART 2 of 2

12. Use an exacto knife to cut any hanging edges or to clean up the cuts after tint dries. "about two min"

e5587799_001.sized.jpg

13. While i was in their, I raised the angle my fog-lights point slightly by turning it clockwise for UP, and counter clockwise for down, Count your rotations to ensure both are equal. "this is not necessary"

82649273_G.sized.jpg

14. BAMM!!!! Your done, Ensure to install everything back in place properly and enjoy.

abe9c9a8.sized.jpg

e92806b8.sized.jpg

894e448a.sized.jpg

15. Thank this guy for my ingenious ways!!!

Unknown.jpg

No problem guys more to come!!! I'll be doing another DIY tonight after work. But its a secret:confuzzled:

Awesome! The more DIYs the better!
Keep at it and you could fill this place up with them and be the King of DIY :cheerleader:

I didn't even think of that - did the template you used from the other diy work fine? Another user said the template didn't work for his sedan, but he also said he couldn't get it to print right. He said it was too small to cover his fog lights.

I couldnt get it to print right either so i just traced it, It was a little off but it will work, trimming will be needed. You guys know most tint shops will throw some tint your way for free, why waste time and money ordering online.

Thanks for the pics man. Used them the whole way through me doing mine just a minute ago. Angeles em up and everything. Great DIY!

Back