2012 engine immobilizer key fob not working

Kerri

Hello all, I’m new to this message board so forgive me if this is t the right place to post my question but here it goes. I just bought a 2012 honda civic si and it came with a smaller separate key fob immobilizer with a 1 and 2 button, the previous owner told me just to press 1 2 2 1 and the engine would start, this work 90% of the time but sometimes I get stuck for 10 minutes pressing away until it finally decides to work. I have 2 separate fobs and have the same problems with both so I don’t it’s the batteries. Anyone know what is causing this? Is there anyway to disarm the immobilizer?

Are you talking about some kind of aftermarket kill switch essentially? Pics of the remote you’re talking about with the 1/2 on it?

I was lead to believe it was stock but I have googled it 10 different ways and cannot figure out what it is.

Attachments

• B4EEFE88-FC65-46F8-9604-6B5DB14EAD5D.jpeg
    B4EEFE88-FC65-46F8-9604-6B5DB14EAD5D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
100% not stock. Is there any type of model # or anything on the rear of that remote? Or ask the previous owner what brand/model it is so you can at least research it.

Back