2012 Honda Civic SI Sedan Carbon Fiber Hood by Advan Carbon Technologies

Arm0ged0n

Corona, CA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Hey Guys, just got my Brand Spanking new Carbon Fiber Hood by AdvanCarbon Technologies:

1) http://advancarbon.com/#/item/mgn_design_2012-2015_honda_civic_coupe_carbon_hood/
2) http://advancarbon.com/#/item/mgn_design_2012-2015_honda_civic_sedan_carbon_hood/
(My car is featured at their website)

Please note that the the latch from the Sedan is a little larger than the Coupe, the hood weight is 13.5 pounds.

If you live in Southern California, you can get in touch with:

Versus Motorsports
2321 E. Del Amo Blvd
Rancho Dominguez, CA 90220
310-885-5788
www.AdvanCarbon.com
www.ChargeSpeedUSA.com
www.MotorSportFashions.com
www.VersusMotorSport.com
www.VersusTradingCo.com

ask for Donny Kie (Owner) he's an awesome guy, and will help you with anything you need.

I took pictures with my cell phone (I apologize for the low quality pictures) will be taking better pics later on :) Enjoy:

20120822_194146.jpg

20120822_172758.jpg

is it a solid black color on the top, or is there a carbon weave? It looks like it's painted solid black in the pics?

ah yes - this is the fox marketing sema car hood. I just looked at their site.

ah yes - this is the fox marketing sema car hood. I just looked at their site.
That is correct :) Fox marketing got me in touch with Versus MotorSports :DThe pictures don't do any justice!!

Any problems putting it on? Does it just bolt up?

Edit. It looks real good

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

yes - water will get in the engine bay with those vents. It's not going in the engine itself, but the bay. Everyone is going to have water in their bay without this hood though. If you're driving in rain, water is going to get into a standard front grill and be blown back. Anywhere there is a gap, you have the potential for water to splash in.

yes - water will get in the engine bay with those vents. It's not going in the engine itself, but the bay. Everyone is going to have water in their bay without this hood though. If you're driving in rain, water is going to get into a standard front grill and be blown back. Anywhere there is a gap, you have the potential for water to splash in.
I wash my car once a week, so should I consider placing something clear under the vent so water doesn't actually get in? Because, wouldn't water from car washes and rain, damage parts of the engine over time?

Like I said, water is going to get in even without this hood design. Not sure how you'd block water from under the mesh...while washing.

IMO the only thing you would have to worry about would be the air filter getting soaked, and maybe some electrical components, which Is highly unlikely.. The water entering the engine bay would be minimal and just leave hard water spots. I always pop the hood after a wash and try to dry up the excess water. Other than that, I don't think you will have any trouble. I had a 94 ex with an intake, I used to wrap it in a plastic grocery bag when washing. OCD maybe?

Back